Are you looking forward to visiting Canada? How to get Canada tourist visa from India should be the first thing on your mind. This fabulous nation takes immense pride in having a variety of historical monuments, natural wonders, and diverse cultures. Every year, Canada witnesses millions of vacationers flocking to the country to visit friends and family. Even its natural beauty is enough to draw one’s attention.
While most applicants for immigration to Canada get a tourist visa without any hassle, many applications get rejected due to incomplete forms or inaccurate information. Before applying for a Canadian visa, you must know every important aspect of it.
What is Canada Visa?
A visa is a document that lets foreign nationals visit and stays in Canada for a specific period of time. Any applicant wanting to visit the country can get a visa at the Canada Embassy and Consulates, which are located in their home country.
Who Requires a Canada Tourist Visa?
Anybody visiting the country for:
- Tourism purpose
- Meeting family and friends
- Business purpose
All these categories require having a Canada tourist visa from India. This visa is a type of temporary resident visa.
What are the Types of Canadian Visitor Visas for Indians
There are two types of tourist visas offered by the Canadian government:
It is a type of visitor visa that allows foreign nationals to visit Canada as tourists. This type of visa can be applied by individuals who visit the country to visit their family and friends or spend their vacations.
It is a type of visitor visa that allows foreign nationals to visit Canada for the purpose of conducting business. Individuals who need to visit the country to attend a meeting, conference, or seminar can apply for Business Visa.
What are the Documents Required for Canada Tourist Visa from India?
Listed below are nine crucial documents you require for a Canadian tourist visa:
You need to have a valid, genuine passport and other vital travel documents. This is when you apply for a Canada tourist visa from India to provide two photocopies including the information page of your passport.
The photocopies should include the following:
- Your Passport’s Issue and Expiry Date
- Passport Number
- Personal Information (including name, date of birth, photo, and place of birth).
At least 2 passport-size photographs are required when applying for a Canada tourist visa from India.
Proof of Funds
You will have to submit proof that you can support your family during your visit or stay in Canada. Listed below are the documents that have to be submitted as proof of funds:
- Income evidence of the person who will host your stay in the country
- Financial support evidence from friends or family to cover your expenses during your stay.
- Other financial proofs, such as shares, PPFs, FDs, property, and more
- Tax filing documents for the last 3 years
Make sure you write a cover letter or declaration to the Government of Canada, giving details why they should provide you with a Canada tourist visa.
Letter of Invitation
You have to submit a letter of invitation from your friends or family if you are visiting them.
Visa Application Form and Other Documents
Download the visa application form from the IRCC (short for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada). Now submit all the documents (passport copies, fee receipts, photographs, and other documents)
A comprehensive plan of the trip you are making, including to and from air tickets. Mention all the places you are going to visit while on your trip to Canada. A complete prescription of travel you will be using during your Canadian visit.
Memorandum of Association and other Documents
Applicants, who are self-employed, should submit a Memorandum of Association (the company’s crucial corporate document) and other supporting documents.
Documents of Proof
You need to make the visa officers believe that you have no intention of staying in Canada. Here are the required documents:
Proof of Employment
Employment Contract details claiming that you are their permanent employee, job role in the organization you are working for, and your expected date to return to the organization.
Proof of Lease, Property Dealing
These documents confirm that you will return to your home country i.e. India once your trip is over.
What are the Minimum Requirements for a Canada Tourist Visa?
Following are the minimum requirements for a Canada tourist visa:
- Good health
- A valid passport
- No criminal record
- Sufficient funds to support one’s stay in Canada
- Job proof and financial assets
- The travel itinerary and to and from air tickets
Steps to get Canada Tourist Visa from India
It is suggested that you apply for your Canada tourist visa from India for a visit to the country at least a few weeks or months before your trip. This is because the requirements for granting a tourist visa for Canada from India take some time. It is best to protect your journey ahead of time and get your tourist visa for the “Land of Maple Leaf” from the Indian authorities on time.
Here are the steps you need to follow to get your Canada tourist visa:
- The first step includes selecting the method to apply (online or offline) for a Canadian tourist visa.
- Once you have chosen the application mode, you should fill out every required detail properly. Our tip is to fill out the details first using a pencil. Doing so will help you erase any errors you might unknowingly make. After you have meticulously checked your Canada tourist visa from India application form, using a pen to fair them out is a smart move.
- The fees of applying for a tourist visa for Canada change according to the international currency rates. Hence, it is advised to check out the latest charges followed by making the payment (online or offline).
- Are you confused about the price of a Canada tourist visa in India? Consulting your travel agent will be your best bet. A leading travel firm will provide you with the most accurate piece of information regarding this subject.
- The offline process includes visiting the nearest Canada visa center and submitting your application form along with every required document. The application cost of Canada tourist visa from India will be paid at this center as well.
- Online applicants should submit their applications along with all the supporting documents (scanned copies) on the portal. You can use net banking and any other payment method to pay the Canada tourist visa fees from India online.
- A unique tracking number will be provided to you in both cases. You can use this number to keep a check on your Canada tourist visa application.
Things You Must Keep in Mind for a Canada Tourist Visa from India
There are some details you must be aware of, albeit the immigration process to Canada is pretty easy to understand. This will assist you in managing details, including fees for a single-entry or multi-entry visa, Canada visa application from India, and more in a smooth manner.
Here’s a list of some additional facts that you need for more clarity:
- Children, who are above the age of 18, will be required to adhere to all the rules and regulations that have been set by the authorities in Canada. No exceptions will be granted for the fees of a Canada tourist visa or the application process.
- Any minor who is planning to visit Canada with or without their parents/guardians might have some special requirements. You must go through these requirements from the High Commission of Canada’s official website.
- Make sure you, as a visa applicant, appear for the interview conducted by Canadian authorities.
- In an ideal scenario, approval of a Canada tourist visa from India usually comes within 15-20 days. The pandemic situation has caused inevitable delays in the past couple of years. Considering this, you need to wait for a few days more to get a tourist visa stamped on your passport.
If you would like to know more about “How to get Canada tourist visa from India”, let the expert team at Oasis Resource Management help you make the entire process seamless. We go above and beyond in making the Canada tourist visa application experience a favorable one.