EMPLOYMENT AS PROFESSIONALS
Applicants who are not non-local graduates but possess special skills, knowledge or experience of value to and not readily available in the HKSAR may apply to come to work.
An application for a visa/ entry permit to take up employment may be favourably considered if:
- There is no security objection and no known record of serious crime in respect of the applicant.
- The applicant has a good education background, normally a first degree in the relevant field, but in special circumstances, good technical qualifications, proven professional abilities and/or relevant experience and achievements supported by documentary evidence may also be accepted.
- There is a genuine job vacancy.
- The applicant has a confirmed offer of employment and is employed in a job relevant to his academic qualifications or working experience that cannot be readily taken up by the local work force.
- The remuneration package including income, accommodation, medical and other fringe benefits is broadly commensurate with the prevailing market level for professionals in the HKSAR. Overseas Chinese nationals holding People's Republic of China (PRC) passports who meet the criteria stipulated and normal immigration requirements may apply to enter the HKSAR for employment if
- The applicant has permanent residence overseas or
- The applicant has been residing overseas for a least one year immediately before the submission of application ("overseas" means countries or territories outside the Mainland, the Macao SAR and the HKSAR) and that the application is submitted from overseas
From the Applicant
Detailed CV (Curriculum Vitae)Including his/her academic achievements, reference letter or documents that can prove for the past working experience.
From the Sponsor Company
- Introduction of the company
- Company Website
- Company's Business Registration Certificate
- Company's documents that shows financial status
- Contract with the applicant (Including remunerations, welfare etc.)
CHANGE OF EMPLOYMENT
Persons who have been admitted may apply for change of employment provided that he/she continues to fulfill the eligibility criteria and is employed in a job relevant to his/her qualification and expertise.
It normally takes 4 to 6 weeks to process the application by The Immigration Department, but there might be some more questions raised during the assessment, therefore it is likely to take around 2 to 3 months to complete.