Book Free Consultation


Is immigration to Austria from India what you have on your mind? Do you plan to stay in Austria for more than six months? Are you not an EEA citizen or a Swiss national? Then getting a permanent residence is of utmost importance. Austria offers different types of residence permits. If your period of stay is less than six months, what you need is a visa and not a residence permit.

Make sure you make the application for a residence permit in person and in your home country prior to entering Austria. Applicants are issued residence permits for study, employment, or research. To meet your living costs, you need to ensure that you have a fixed and regular source of income. Vienna, Salzburg, and Innsbruck are the finest cities to live in.

Residence Permits to Migrate to Austria

  • Nufenthaltsbewilligung or temporary residence permit (for temporary stay in Austria)
  • Betriebsentsandter for employees sent on temporary duty
  • Rotationsarbeitskraft for company representatives/managers/executives
  • Selbsttändiger for self-employed individuals
  • Forscher for researchers in Austrian educational institutions
  • Künstler for self-employed artists
  • SonderfälleunselbständigerErwerbstätigkeit for journalists, guest lecturers
  • Student for individuals attending college/university in Austria
  • Schüler for students attending school (grade 1-12) in Austria
  • Niederlassungsbewilligung - this visa is for foreign nationals who plan to live in Austria for a period exceeding six months.

List of Documents required For Austria PR from India

The following are the documents you require for Austria PR from India:

  • Passport
  • Photographs
  • Visa fee
  • Austria Visa Application Form
  • Travel Insurance
  • An itinerary
  • A cover letter
  • Proof of financial means
  • Proof of accommodation
  • Proof of employment
  • Letter of invitation (if applicable)
  • Copies of previous Schengen Visa
  • Civil status documents

Eligibility Criteria

Immigration to Austria from India attracts a lot of individuals looking to live and settle down in Austria. You ought to the below-mentioned requirements before you apply for permanent residency in the country.

  • You must have had Austrian legal status for the past five years.
  • You should be financially self-sufficient, be it through employment or self-employment.
  • You must be insured for those five years by health insurance.
  • Make sure you fulfill Module 2 of the Integration Agreement, which contains achieving a German B1 level.

How to apply for permanent residence in Austria

If you want to apply for Austrian permanent residence, you will have to apply in person at the provincial government authority in your town. The time to process a permanent residence differs. However, once you are approved, you will receive your residence permit (shaped like a credit card). The Austrian residence permit is valid for a period of five years.

Here is the list of documents you need to present when applying for a residence permit:

  • A residence permit application, Antrag auf ErteilungeinerAufenthaltsbewilligung (in German)
  • Passport, or another valid travel document
  • A passport-size photo that is in compliance with EU regulations. Make sure your passport-size photo should not be older than six months
  • Birth certificate, or another equivalent document
  • Proof of ample accommodation including a rental agreement, lease, or proof of ownership
  • Proof of financial self-sufficiency including employment contract or income statement
  • Completion of the module of Integration Agreement proof
  • Valid Austrian health insurance proof
  • Credit history
  • Any of the below-mentioned appropriate documents: marriage/divorce certificate, adoption certificate, civil partnership certificate, dissolution of a civil partnership certificate, and other vital documents that prove family relationships.

Permanent residence costs in Austria

If you want to apply for permanent residence in Austria, it will cost you €210 for adults. Please note that this does not include the translation costs and certification of documents. Firms like lingoking can provide a rapid and flexible service of translation to help you with your permanent residence application. You can pay by cash or use your credit card for your residence permit in Austria. Since applicants are required to be financially sound, they are expected to pay the application's costs (non-refundable).

Requirements for permanent residence in Austria

It is important to meet the below-mentioned requirements to apply for permanent residence in Austria.

  • Had uninterrupted legal status in the country for the past five years
  • Been financially self-supporting (through self-employment, a job, or independent means)
  • Maintained health insurance for five years
  • Maintained proper accommodation. Ensure that you had your accommodation registered with the government for those five years
  • Been no menace to the security or public order
  • You must have finished Module 2 of the Integration Agreement, which involved attaining a German B1 level.

With the experts at Oasis Resource Management, you can look forward to fulfilling your Austrian dream with your eyes wide open. Enjoy your stay for the rest of your life coupled with luxury and comfort when you obtain an Austrian permanent residency.

Consult with us!

Book Free Consultation

Get the answers you need!

We're here to help. Please follow the steps to book free 15-min phone consultation. Alternatively, you can mail us at

Book Free Consultation