If you wish to explore the best of ‘Canada’, what you need is a Canada Tourist Visa from India.
Canada is a renowned country known for its beauty and diversity. The “Land of Maple Leaf”, as it is fondly called, is one of the most sought-after destinations enticing a major chunk of tourists from all parts of the world.
Its vibrant cities, striking locales, and friendly people will make your travel experience worthy of your memories. Known for being the most immigration-friendly country, Canada will leave you in awe of its diverse cultures, historical monuments, and natural wonders.
If you plan a visit to Canada anytime soon, look no further than Oasis Resource Management can help you obtain the Canada Tourist Visa from India. The visa for Canada is granted for 6 months and it could either be a single-entry or multiple-entry visa. While you are not allowed to work on a Canada tourist visa, you can travel freely across the country for tourism and leisure.
What is Canada Tourist Visa?
Canada Tourist Visa is an official permit, which allows a foreign national to enter and live in Canada for a specified period. Entry through this visa can only be granted if a foreign citizen is traveling to the country for holidays, to accomplish business commitments, or to visit friends and family members.
As mentioned above, a Canada Tourist Visa is granted for six months; hence, it is also known as a ‘Temporary Resident Visa’. The Embassy of Canada issues this visa for single trips and multiple trips as well.
Every applicant for Canada Tourist Visa from India is advised to get travel insurance for their trip. A travel insurance plan will keep the insured traveler safe from any unexpected adversities, which might cause interruption to your trip resulting in financial loss.
Types of Canada Tourist Visas for Indians
Here are two types of tourist visas offered by the Canadian Government:
A tourist visa is a type of visa that allows foreign nationals to visit the country as tourists. People who are willing to visit Canada for spending their holidays or visiting their friends and family in Canada can apply for this type of visa.
A business visa is a type of visitor visa that allows foreign nationals to visit the country to fulfill business commitments. People who need to travel to Canada to attend business meetings, conferences, or conduct business activities can apply for this type of visa.
Main Tourism Attractions in Canada
Check out the following attractions if you are planning a leisure or business trip to Canada:
The Natural Landscape
Canada is blessed with some of the world’s most stunning natural places. Plan your visit to Stanley Park, Niagara Falls, Morain Lake, Butchart Garden, and more.
Are you having a fondness for wildlife or national parks? Take a tour of the Pacific Rim National Park, Yoho National Park, Gros Morne National Park, and more.
Boat Tours and Water Sports
If you like boat tours, river rafting, water sports, etc. Canada is the place to be. Plan a visit to Archipelago Wildlife Cruises, Chinook Rafting, Ocean Eco Ventures Whale Watching, and more.
Helicopter or Balloon Tour
The helicopter or balloon tour over Niagara Falls or Toronto will leave you thrilled. Express joy when you get aboard the seaplane flight to Vancouver or Victoria.
Also, you can plan numerous recreational facilities, including hiking, skiing, mountain biking, kayaking, climbing, and more.
To enjoy all of these activities while giving a touch of discovery to Canada, make sure you apply for the right Canada Tourist Visas for Indians.
How to apply for Canada Tourist Visa?
You can apply for a Canada tourist visa either online or offline. Kindly note applying online is easier than doing it offline. However, you will have to be in the vicinity of certain electronic devices. No matter whether you choose to apply online or offline, getting approval for a tourist visa for Canada is a two-step process.
Submitting your application for the tourist visa to the appropriate Canadian visa office in the region is what you need to do. The visa officer will closely examine your application that may have a one-on-one interview with you. Once you have got the tourist visa, you might be interviewed at a POE in Canada by an immigration officer.
Applying for Canada Tourist Visa Online
If you wish to apply for a Canada tourist visa online, you will need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- You will need access to a camera or scanner for producing electronic copies of the documents you require to upload.
- You will need a valid credit card for paying the fees.
- All you need to do is fill out the application form. Ensure that you attest the necessary documents. Once done, email them to the Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Applying on Paper for Canada Tourist Visa
If you are looking to follow the traditional route to apply for a Canada tourist visa, you will have to perform the below-mentioned procedure:
- Download the proper application form from www.canadainternational.gc.ca and fill it out. No have the form printed on a laser printer.
- Go through the checklist that is relevant to the tourist visa. Make sure all documents as mentioned are attested to your application form.
- Make sure you check the fees that apply to a tourist visa on www.canadainternational.gc.ca
- Pay a visit to the nearest Canada Visa Application Centre along with your passport, two passport-sized photographs, the supporting documents, filled-out forms, and the fees. After you have made the payment, submit your application.
- Obtain a receipt after fee payment as the receipt will consist of your unique tracking number that should be used for tracking the application status.
Minimum Requirements for Canada Tourist Visa from India
Listed below are the requirements for a Canada tourist visa: The applicant must:
- Have a valid passport
- Have sound health
- Have no criminal record
- Have sufficient funds to support your Canadian stay
- Provide the travel itinerary and to and from air tickets
- Show evidence of job, family, and financial assets
Documents Required for Canada Tourist Visa from India
The following are the documents you require to apply for a Canada tourist visa:
- Original passports with 6 months validity from the date of arrival in Canada and old passports (if any)
- Visa application forms
- 3 colour photographs: 35mm*45mm, white background, 80% face size, matt finish
- Day to the day tour itinerary
- Air tickets
- Hotel bookings
- Salary slips for the last 6 months (if employed)
- Original leave letter from employer, school, or college
- Shop Act/MOA/Deed (if self-employed)
- Income Tax returns /Form 16 for the last 3 years
- Original bank statements for the last 6 months updated with enough balance
- Other financial statements such as FD, PPF, NSC, property papers, shares, etc.
Processing Time for Canada Tourist Visa from India
The processing time for a tourist visa for Canada is a maximum of 15 days. However, it may differ according to the location of the application centre, individual cases, and documents submitted.
Visa and Travel Insurance are two of the most crucial things you must have when traveling abroad. Start planning your trip to Canada and enjoy every bit of your time.
Canadian Tourist Visa Fees
The fee for application per person for a Canada tourist visa is CAD$100. Also, if you need to submit the biometrics, it will cost you an additional CAD$85. The whole cost to apply for a Canada tourist visa is CAD$185. Moreover, you will have to pay for the passport, which will cost you approximately CAD$45.
How to Extend Canada Tourist Visa from India
If you, as a tourist, decide to extend your stay in Canada, you are required to apply for a visitor record before your existing visa expires. The visitor visa document enables a tourist to stay longer in the country, and it consists of a new expiry date. However, this document does not guarantee that the tourist can leave and re-enter Canada. The fee to extend the visa is CAD$100.
How Oasis Resource Management Can Help You?
At Oasis Resource Management, we have helped thousands of people to immigrate to Canada with their families through the Express Entry Program without any hassle. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the required knowledge to accurately evaluate your case and advise the best source of action to serve your needs in the best possible manner.