Do you plan to move to and settle in a country that has it all? Look no further than Canada - one of the most sought-after countries in the world for immigration. Many people opt for immigration to Canada from India, and for great reasons. The high quality of life, unparalleled education, universal healthcare, and thriving economy are what attract people to obtain Canadian permanent residency.
Based on many compelling factors mentioned above, the United Nations (UN) has rated Canada as the top country around the world for becoming a permanent resident. Gaining entry into Canada through a (PR) visa is your best bet.
A lot of people from India look no further than Canada when it comes to calling Canada their 'second home'. As a new immigrant, you develop a sense of belongingness the moment you touchdown at the Airport. That is the reason why the majority of immigration aspirants make the wise decision of settling in Canada.
What are some of the Great Benefits of the Canada PR Visa?
Are you looking for immigration to Canada from India? This is the right time to move to a country with a stable economy, which offers great benefits. 'Canada' should be your only option. There is no dearth of reasons why Canada is regarded as the best nation to live in. A Permanent Resident (PR) visa is what you need to explore all the opportunities this great country has in loads.
Let's learn about some of the greatest advantages of getting a Canadian PR visa, shall we?
- Live and work anywhere in Canada
- Extend your stay or renew your visa after 5 years
- High-quality education for children (free of cost)
- Sponsor your spouse and children
- Free healthcare facilities for the whole family
- Safe & secure environment
- Freedom to move
- Freedom to start a business
- Road to Canadian citizenship
A lot of immigrants live, work, and settle in Canada by getting Permanent Resident status. It opens the door for them to a wide array of benefits.
List of Documents required for Canada PR from India
Here is a list of documents you require for Canada PR from India:
- Birth certificate
- Medical report
- Proof of funds
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
- Offer letter from an employer in Canada
- Language test score results
- Provincial Nomination Certificate
- Marriage certificate or divorce certificate (if applicable)
- Your personal reference code
- Express Entry Profile Number
- Job seeker validation code
- Police verification report
- Letter of recommendation from previous employers
Why Immigration to Canada from India is a Smart Move?
Let's have a look at some of the biggest reasons why people don't think twice before settling in Canada.
- Embraces multiculturalism and immigrants
- One of the world's safest countries
- The economy is booming
- Spectacular vacation spots
- Institutions are government-funded
- A world-class public transport system
- One of the top countries for education
Canada is indisputably one of the most stunning countries in the world. Responsible for making many people immigrate to Canada, the "Land of Maple Leaf" is loaded with an abundance of what will make your stay worth your memories.
The Process of Immigration to Canada from India
Canada offers the most streamlined immigration programs. There are several pathways by which you can choose to migrate to a fabulous North American nation called 'Canada'.
Here is a list of programs that can help you pave the way for a better future in Canada:
As one of the world's most sought-after immigration programs, Express Entry uses a points-based system to evaluate the eligibility of people wanting to move to Canada through immigration.
- The time taken to process the visa in this program can extend up to 6 months or less.
- To create an Express Entry profile, you need a total of 67 points.
- The federal department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) take care of Express Entry submissions.
Provincial Nominee Program
If you select the PNP to apply for a Canadian PR visa, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- You ought to apply in the province or region where you wish to settle.
- You can apply for a Permanent Resident (PR) visa after the province nominates you.
- The province could nominate you to apply for a Permanent Resident (PR) visa if you meet the eligibility criteria.
When making your application under the Provincial Nominee Program, you can decide on the province where it will be uncomplicated to get a nomination based on your profile.
A provincial nomination under Canadian PNP can assist you in two ways:
- Make you eligible to apply for permanent residency directly to IRCC
- Automatically get you CRS 600 as additional points on the CRS (short for Comprehensive Ranking System).
Quebec Selected Workers Program
The Quebec Skilled Worker Program - officially referred to as the Regular Skilled Worker Program (RSWP) - is for you if you are planning to immigrate to Quebec permanently to work.
Make sure your interest in Quebec immigration should be declared as the first part of the process. Applicants with the necessary training and required professional skills to ease their job integration in the province are chosen by Quebec. These applicants are then issued an ITA (Invitation to Apply).
- The Arrima Portal holds the invitation rounds by Quebec. Please note that provincial draws by Quebec are referred to as Arrima draw as well.
- The QSWP is based on a points-based system, such as Express Entry.
- It is through the QSWP that skilled workers can apply for the Quebec Selection Certificate or Certificat de sélection du Québec. To migrate to Quebec, it is not mandatory for applicants to have a valid job offer. But it is true that the ones with a job offer are given high priority.
- Keep in mind that the QSWP is not a part of the Canadian PNP and Canada federal Express Entry system.
As an Entrepreneur/Self-employed Person
As an Investor
Please note that this list of programs can change at any time, being dynamic. All of them come with their set application criteria. They target a specific category of applicants.
Federal Skilled Trades Program
Managed by the Express Entry system, the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) is one of the three programs. This program is designed for foreign trade workers with a relevant work experience in trade occupations. It enables skilled tradespersons from across the globe to immigrate to Canada on a permanent basis.
As with each Express Entry program, FSTP makes use of the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) inviting highly competitive candidates to seek permanent residency in Canada.
Over half of the Canadian immigrants (skilled workers) are welcomed via economic programs, such as the Federal Skilled Trades Program. For skilled and qualified tradespersons, this program can be a great and quick option to become a permanent resident in Canada. With it, you are granted the right to live and work in the country permanently.
Here's a list of minimum requirements for FSTP:
- Must have at least 2 years of work experience in the last 5 years in a skilled occupation.
- Meet the job requirements for the skilled trade as specified in the National Occupational Classification except for needing a qualification certificate.
- Minimum CLB level 5 is required for speaking and listening, and CLB level 4 is required for reading and writing.
- Must demonstrate that the skills and experience gained cover the vital duties of the occupation.
Canadian Experience Class
The Canadian Experience Class program is for those candidates who have recent experience working in Canada. These candidates express their interest in obtaining Canadian permanent residency. The visa is processed within three to four months for candidates applying under this program. Hence, this program is one of the quickest routes for any candidate seeking Canadian permanent residency.
An applicant must fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility requirements:
- The candidate should have at least 12 months of full-time skilled work experience in Canada. It should be acquired within the previous three years, from the date of applying.
- The work experience should be paid and legally obtained.
- The applicant should intend to live outside of the Quebec province.
- The applicant's employment duties in the country should fall under the NOC Code Skill Level 0, A, or B.
- A CLB (short for Canadian Language Benchmark) level 7 in English/French for NOC skill level 0/A jobs or CLB 5 for NOC B jobs.
Candidates meeting the above-mentioned requirements are eligible. Not only can they create, but they can also submit an Express Entry profile for the Canadian Experience Class program.
Family Spouse Visa
The Canada family visa enables applicants or Canadian citizens or permanent residents to reunite with their loved ones (family members). Under this class of visa, you can sponsor your spouse (husband or wife), common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent child (which includes an adopted child as well), or another eligible relative (parent or grandparent) for seeking permanent residence in Canada.
It is mandatory for the sponsor and the person being sponsored to meet the eligibility requirements. Listed below are the different categories under the Canada Family Visa Class:
- Spouse or Common-Law Partner Sponsorships
- Child or Other Dependent Sponsorship
- Parent or Grandparent Sponsorship
Benefits of Canada Family Spouse Visa Program
You get many great benefits when you apply for a Canada family spouse visa program. Here are some of them:
- Right to live, work, and study in Canada
- Free of cost education till the age of 18
- Canada Pension Plan Benefits
- High-quality healthcare funded by the Canadian government
- Sponsored family members become permanent residents in Canada
- Old Age Security
- Subsidized education rate at the University level
- Guaranteed Income Supplement
Eligibility for PR in Canada from India
All Canadian immigration programs have their own criteria. However, there are a number of things in common across each permanent residence submission.
Migration applications are usually evaluated on the following parameters:
- Educational background
- Professional profile
- Your IELTS/CELPIP score
- Proficiency in the French language, if migrating to Quebec
- References & legal documentation
- Canadian employment documentation
Welcoming immigrants from across the globe with arms wide open, Canada takes immense pride in its wealth of intellectual capital and natural resources.
How to Immigrate to Canada PR from India?
If you are migrating through a Canada PR visa - a points-based system - you can obtain permanent residency. You will have to undergo the Canada PR application process.
The "Land of Maple Leaf" offers diverse programs for immigration to Canada from India through which you can get permanent resident status. Listed below are the most popular programs:
- Express Entry Program
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Business Immigration Program
- Experience Class Immigration
- Family Class Immigration
P.S - Ensure that you check your eligibility through the oasis resource management Canada Immigration Points Calculator.
What are the Main Factors that Affect CRS Score for Canada PR?
Here's a list of main factors that can affect CRS score:
- Work Experience
- Language Proficiency
- Arranged Employment
Well-known as a country of immigrants, the multiculturalism in Canada leads to racial and ethnic harmony. With a steep rise in demand for skilled workers, Canada is by far the best country to obtain permanent residency.» What is the Age Limit for Canada PR from India?