If you wish to Study in France from India, make sure you collect all the relevant information you can. Doing so will allow you a seamless process when applying to any of the top French universities.
France, which is also called the ‘French Republic”, is located in Western Europe as a political entity. Speaking about education in France, students can look forward to a unique experience with the excellent education system in the country. Furthermore, France is known for its dynamic and sophisticated environment to thrive.
France is one of the most popular study-abroad destinations, witnessing a large number of international students from across the globe. After graduation, students who choose to Study in France from India can have greater professional chances around the world. Known for its outstanding academics, culture, and diverse community, attracting a large number of young applicants to study in the country every year, France will never disappoint you.
Why Study in France from India?
France – a precursor of the first industrial revolution and the land of more than 69 Nobel Laureates is one of the exceptional education hotspots in the European nation. Offering a stellar comprehensive pedagogy in diverse fields including culinary and technology, this is the reason why students prefer to study in France all around the world with the sole purpose of studying and settling in France.
Of its rich culture and values, France is both an educational hub for international students and a rich cultural destination. The contemporary society of such an incredible country is extensively shaped by cultural, historical, and geopolitical events.
Over 250k international including Indian students already settled in the European country after the successful completion of their studies in France. Universities in France have a unique and unparalleled quality of overseas education, lectures as well as research opportunities.
Listed below are some of the main reasons why students choose to Study in France from India:
- French universities offer some specializations popular among international students. These include MBA, MSc, MS, Law, and Engineering. Keep in mind that the scope for engineering, information technology, and law courses is high. Graduating from any of the Universities in France is a matter of repute.
- Students in India look no further than France when it comes to pursuing higher education. They seek postgraduate courses for an awesome university life. Students get to involve themselves in lectures, internships, outdoor activities, conferences, and more.
- The Government of France offers partial as well as full funding opportunities for all those Indian students who are enrolled in postgraduate programs. The scholarships can be availed based on one’s needs and merit.
- France is a secure country. You do not need to worry about crimes and there are no ragging cases on campus.
The number of international students traveling to France to pursue higher education increases every year.
France is a culturally diverse nation. Its government spends more than 6% of its GDP on education, which makes this country an immensely popular choice among students.
- Research and Development play a very crucial role in the French education system. That is the reason why STEM courses are more popular among students looking to Study in France from India.
Scholarship to Study in France for Indian Students
Indian students can avail of the scholarship programs based on merit and test scores. The full scholarships program allows a 100% waiver on the tuition fee as well as financial aid to deal with living costs. Here is a list of some of the most notable scholarship programs for Indian students to study in France from India:
- Raman-Charpak Scholarship
- LA FÉMIS
- Technical Fellowship – UICC
- The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation grant
- EIT International Excellence Scholarship
- The Erasmus Scholarship
- Charpak Scholarship
Requirements to Study in France from India
Listed below are the documents you need when studying at a French University:
- Vital documents such as academic transcripts, certificates and internships, Statement of Purpose (SOP), admission form, passport, application fee, funding statements, and passport-size photos.
- A statement of Purpose (SOP) is a crucial academic requirement, which Indian students are required to fulfill. It is a formal document wherein the aspirants need to state why they pick France, the Universities in France, and a specific course. An SOP is a unique document wherein the student has to discuss his/her career goals and achievements.
- Students are required to take English language proficiency tests such as TOEFL and IELTS.
- Two-three letters of recommendation are required with the application.
- Indian students who choose to take admitted to postgraduate courses in French Universities must have a relevant undergraduate degree from a recognized board with a minimum of 70% of marks.
- To take admitted to science, management, engineering, and information technology courses, students are required to attempt GRE and GMAT examinations.
Best Cities to Study in France from India
The top 5 cities for Indian students are mentioned below:
Best Universities / Institutes in France
Here is a list of universities or institutes in France you can consider:
- HEC Paris
- SSEC Business School – France
- INSEAD – France
- Paris School of Business
- NEOMA Business School
- Skema Business School – Paris Campus
- ESCP Europe Business School – Paris Campus
- Audencia Business School
- Rennes School of Business
- EMLYON Business School
- European International University
Job Opportunities in France
A post-study work visa in a country like France is essential if they are looking to start their careers. Here is a list of some of the most sought-after job opportunities in France:
- Data Scientist
- Mechanical Engineer
- Data Analyst
- IT Consultant
- Data Mining
- Software Engineer
- Program Analyst
- Program Manager
- Web Designer
- Full-stack Developer
- Project Manager
Cost of Education
France uses € (the Euro) as its currency. The French government set tuition rates at public institutions and they are reasonably priced. These costs are set every year. In 2017, average annual costs per year for undergraduate programs were less than €200 (US$250). For Master’s programs, tuition rates are around €259 (US $305) and for doctoral studies, they are approximately €393 (US $460).
More often, students are required to pay certain administrative fees, which can somewhat increase tuition costs. Despite these fees, studying in France students remains one of the most economical options for international students who are looking for top-quality higher education. If studying at a private institution is what you have in mind, the rates could go higher up to €10,000 (US$12,000) annually.
At Oasis Resource Management, we aspire to be one of the most reliable organizations by assisting students, build their careers through advice on the global education system. Our services extensively focus on students. We understand that the institution and course you choose should meet your needs. With unique resources, we offer you step-by-step guidance.