Many people want to work in Singapore from India to establish their careers. Singapore offers plenty of great opportunities to individuals who are looking to work in an amazing country like ‘Singapore’.
Singapore takes immense pride in its highly developed free market economy. The Global Competitiveness Report in 2015 named it the second most booming economy in the world. With high salaries, great job opportunities, and a great tax system, Singapore attracts many foreigners applying for a Singapore work visa.
According to MOM (Ministry of Manpower) in Singapore, there were more than 1.3 million foreign workers in Singapore’s labour force in 2018, which is more than 20% of the overall population (5.6 million) of Singapore.
Documents Required for Singapore Work Visa from India
Listed below are the documents you require for a visa to work in Singapore:
- An appointment letter
- 2 colour photographs
- A valid passport
- Filled application form
- Copy of educational certificates
- Work experience certificate
- Description of the work nature to be performed by the candidate
Eligibility Criteria for Singapore Work Visa from India
Here are the eligibility criteria you need to meet for a Singapore work visa from india:
- Applicants are required to have a valid passport
- Applicants must be no less than 18 years old
The applicant is likely to take up work only within the parameters denoted by the authorities in the work permits issued
Types of Visas to Work in Singapore from India
You can get this type of Singapore work pass (work visa) if you are a professional employee. Listed below are the work visas you must know about:
This type of work visa is available to foreign managers, executives, and professionals. You will have to make no less than S$3,600 a month.
Personalized Employment Pass
You can avail of this visa type if you are a high-earning foreign national or current employment pass holder. PEP (Personalized Employment Pass) offers a lot more flexibility compared to other work passes.
This work visa is available to entrepreneurs or investors who are looking to start a business in Singapore.
Are you a skilled or semi-skilled worker? If yes, then you can apply for one of the below-mentioned work visas in Singapore.
S Pass is available to mid-level skilled workers who will receive a monthly salary of at least $2,300. Foreign work quotas and levies apply.
Work Permit for Foreign Workers
This work visa is available only to foreigners from some countries. It allows work in a number of sectors, such as manufacturing, services, construction, or marine shipyard sector. Foreign worker quotas and levies apply.
Work Permit for FDW (Foreign Domestic Workers)
This work visa is available only to workers who are between 23 and 50 years of age and from countries, including India, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Macau, Indonesia, and more.
Work Permit for Confinement Nanny
This work visa is available to nannies in Malaysia who can work for 16 weeks beginning from the time a baby’s birth takes place. It is mandatory is required to pay a foreign worker Levy.
Work Permit for Performing Artists
This work visa is available to performing artists who will be working in eligible public entertainment outlets. These include hotels, nightclubs, and bars. Foreign workers’ quotas and levies apply.
The work visas in Singapore that are available to foreign students or trainees are the following:
Training Employment Pass
This type of work visa is available to foreign nationals who would like to undergo training in Singapore that does not go beyond three months. Please note that there is no foreign worker levy or quota.
Work Holiday Pass
This type of work visa is available to foreign nationals who are under the Working Holiday Programme with countries. These include Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, France, Australia, Switzerland, New Zealand, the UK, and the US. Foreign nationals aged between 18 and 25, and (18 – 30 for Australians) can avail of this visa. It has validity for up to 6 months and is 12 months for Australian citizens. Aside from being non-renewable, the holder can receive this visa only once.
Training Work Permit
It is available to unskilled or semi-skilled foreign students/trainees who will undergo practical training in Singapore that only lasts up to six months.
How to Apply for a Work Visa in Singapore from India?
Firstly, you will need to find a job in Singapore prior to applying for a work visa. That is because it is your employer or an employment agency that is in charge of dealing with your work visa application in the country.
The employer and or employment agency can apply so as to get your work visa in Singapore issued via EP Online. It is an online application service, which is found on the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) website.
Following is the application process for work visa in Singapore from India:
- Find a job in Singapore
- Your employer or an employment agency (EA) is required to submit a work visa application via EP Online. This is when you are still in your home country. A processing fee needs to be paid.
- Upon acceptance of the application, your employer will receive an IPA (In-Principle Approval) letter. This letter can be used to enter Singapore.
- If the application is not accepted, your employer will receive an In-Principle Rejection letter. You won’t receive a work visa.
- You can travel to the country with your IPA letter.
- Once you are in Singapore, the employer or an employment agency will apply via EP Online to help you get your work visa for Singapore issued. They, again, will have to pay another fee, which will be for the Work Pass itself.
- You will receive a notification letter after the Work Pass is issued. This letter will have information regarding your photo and fingerprints being taken. Also, it enables you to start working and leave and enter the country until you get your employment card.
- Make sure you register at the Employment Pass Service Centre (EPSC). The registration process should be carried out within two weeks after the Pass has been issued.
- Once you have registered, you will get your Pass Card within 4 working days.
How Can Oasis Resource Management Help?
At Oasis Resource Management – one of the Best Singapore Work Visa Consultants in Delhi – our expert visa team can assist you with the checklist, application process, filling out the application with the embassy, and more.
Apply for your visa to work in Singapore from India with one of the leading work visa consultants now. Reap the benefits of our services and attain your life goals.