Book Free Consultation


The 2 Intra-Company Visa is a UK work visa for skilled workers of an MNC (multinational company) in a foreign country. This visa enables an applicant to transfer to the UK from an overseas branch of a company in the UK to order work on a specific project. The ICT (Intra Company Transfer) category places greater emphasis on the employer being able to display that the salary for the role is suitable and that no resident worker in the United Kingdom can fill the position.

UK Tier 2 ICT

Requirements for a Tier 2 ICT (Intra-Company Transfer) Visa

To apply for a T2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa, you will have to possess the following:

  • A valid CoS (Certificate of Sponsorship) from an employer with a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence
  • Personal savings of £945 so you can support yourself upon your arrival in the UK
  • A ‘suitable salary’ for your job
  • Tuberculosis test results (if applicable)
  • English language, if the transferee’s visa is for more than three years
  • Proof you have worked for your employer outside the country

How Do I Apply for a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa?

Applications for a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa are made online and supported by authentic documentation as well as biometric information. It is recommended that any visa application must be prepared thoroughly. Visa refusal will disturb your plan to move to the United Kingdom. It will cost time, money, and energy in correcting mistakes. Also, it impacts your immigration history as well.

Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa Extension

You are likely to apply for an extension of a current Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa from the United Kingdom. This is possible if you are expecting to remain in the country to continue working with the same sponsor.

If you want to apply for an extension or change in the job position in the Tier-2 Intra-Company Transfer visa category, you have to use the online application service of the Home Office. However, you need to submit the required documents to extend the visa at the address specified in the online form.

Documents You Need for the Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa

Supporting documentation plays a very crucial role in any visa application. For a Tier 2 Intra-Company Visa Transfer, it is mandatory to provide:

  • A current valid passport or travel document so you can prove you can travel
  • Proof from your sponsoring employer that an appropriate salary will be paid to you
  • Proof you have been working for your employer for a specified amount of time
  • A CoS reference number
  • A bank or letter or building society statement that displays you have £945 maintained for 90 days always and no less than in savings (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your sponsor can support you without any hassle)

Types of Intra-Company Transfer

Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) allows the UK organisation to hire, and transfer skilled and talented workers from an overseas branch to the United Kingdom. Dependent on the needs of the UK organisation, there are 4 types of Intra Company Transfer:

Long-Term Staff

This visa is applicable for transfers of over 12 months into a role that cannot be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer in a foreign country for a year.

Short-Term Staff

This visa is applicable for transfers up to and including 12 months into a role that cannot be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer in a foreign country for a year.

Graduate Trainee

This visa is applicable for transfers into graduate trainee programs for expert roles. You need to be a recent graduate with no less than 3 months of experience with your employer overseas.

Skills Transfer

This visa is for transfers that allow people to gain the skills and knowledge needed to perform their role overseas or to pass on their skills to colleagues in the UK. There is no need to have been with the employer in a foreign country for a set time.

How Long You Can Stay

With a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) visa, you can come to the UK for up to the maximum stay allowed for your type of visa. Or, the time mentioned on your certificate of sponsorship along with one month, whichever is shorter.

The maximum number of stays for each Tier-2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa type is mentioned below:

  • Long-term Staff (if you earn more than £155,300 per year): 9 years
  • Long-term Staff (if you earn less than £155,300 per year): 5 years, 1 month
  • Graduate Trainee: 12 months
  • Short-term Staff: 12 months
  • Skills Transfer: 6 months

Appropriate Salary

You are required to earn one of the following:

  • Long-term Staff applicants – No less than £41,500 or the correct rate for the role (whichever is higher)
  • Short-term Staff, Graduate Trainee, or Skills Transfer applicants – no less than £24,800 or the suitable rate (whichever is higher)
  • Staff already in the UK on Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa or work permit issued before 6 April 2011 – at least the appropriate rate
Book Free Consultation

Get the answers you need!

We're here to help. Please follow the steps to book free 15-min phone consultation. Alternatively, you can mail us at

Book Free Consultation