“The demand for labour in Saskatchewan province is strong, and it will be increased with new significant economic projects one of which is recently announced in Saskatchewan named as Hard-To-Fill Skills Pilot,” Immigration and Career Training Minister, Jeremy Harrison stated. The pilot is scheduled to launch in December 2021.
This program will allow Saskatchewan employers to recruit international employees for in-demand occupations. The eligible jobs under this pilot will include entry-level positions that may require on-the-job training. The sectors with the highest labour demands in Saskatchewan include;
In other words, the workers nominated through SINP stream will be supported and sponsored by their employers and community.
“This pilot project is designed to attract talent and a great program for all sectors currently experiencing labour recruitment challenges in the province. While we always work hard to exhaust every opportunity to hire locally, we have to be creative to ensure we have the right labour supply to help our business and communities grow and thrive in Saskatchewan, something this very unique program will be especially helpful with post-COVID,” the Hospitality Saskatchewan President and CEO Jim Bence said in the release.
How to be eligible for this program:
- One must have a full-time, permanent offer of employment and SINP job approval letter for an eligible occupation from a registered Saskatchewan employer;
- Meet a minimum Canadian official language proficiency level; and
- Meet the minimum educational and work experience requirements, which includes having at least one year of work experience in the same occupation as the job offer or six-months work experience in that job in Saskatchewan.
- Currently, the release does not say which occupations are eligible, the minimum education requirement, nor the exact language proficiency level required.
- For employers to be eligible, they have to demonstrate they have made extensive efforts to hire domestically before they can use the pilot for recruitment. They also need to demonstrate the need and benefit for their business, and fulfill requirements related to providing settlement support for the workers. No further specifics have been released.
So, don’t step back when the opportunity steps forward to you, come to Oasis Resources and grab your opportunity.