Are you interested in knowing more about British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program? British Columbia is the 3rd most heavily populated Canadian province. It is located in the westernmost part of Canada between the Pacific Ocean and the Rocky Mountains. Its capital Vancouver is constantly named one of the world’s most livable cities. Its demographic beauty is ideal loaded with snow-capped mountains, rugged ocean coasts, vast green forests, and more.
What is British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program?
There are an innumerable number of job prospects in the British Columbia province. British Columbia Provincial Nomination Program (BCPNP) is the pathway to getting into the BC province. Regarded as a type of immigration program, it enables the provincial government to hire competent workers. It is carried out for meeting British Columbia’s economic and labour market demands. Immigrants through BC PNP can become permanent residents in Canada.
British Columbia PNP is the Provincial Nominee Program of the province targeting prospective immigrants with necessary skills and/or relevant experience for provincial nomination certificate and allows a foreign national to apply for permanent resident (PR) status in Canada.
Benefits of Settling in British Columbia
British Columbia is an amazing destination for immigrants in Canada due to the factors mentioned below:
- Home to Top Universities in Canada
- Ethnic Diversity
- Paradise for Food Lovers
- One of the Most Thriving Economies of Canada
- Unparalleled Natural Beauty
- Endless Travel Opportunities
- Fine Weather in the Entire Country
Documents You Require for the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
Here is a list of documents needed for the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program depending on the immigration program you qualify for:
- Valid Passport
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Funds
- Letter of Employment with an Official Letterhead
- Civil Identity Proof
- Language Proficiency Results
- Proof of Legal Status
- Police Certificate Clearance
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
- Reference Letters From Previous Employers
Key Requirements of British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
The requirement of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program depends on the stream or category you are applying for. The skills immigration stream is the popular stream of BC PNP. To be able to apply in this stream, you are required to
- Have no less than two (2) years of directly related work experience
- Show you are capable of supporting yourself and your dependents
- Be qualified to carry out the duties of a job
- Have a wage offer corresponding to the British Columbia province wage rates for the occupation
- Have, or be eligible for Canadian legal immigration status
- For NOC skill level B occupations, meet language requirements as a minimum
How Can You Apply for the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program?
You can apply for the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program through two diverse pathways.
Step 1: Check out the eligibility criteria
Step 2: Search for appropriate immigration programs in BC
Step 3: Eligible applicants can send an Expression of Interest (EOI)
Step 4: British Columbia will evaluate the profile
Step 5: You will get the provincial nomination if you are selected
Step 6: You will have to create a profile in the Express Entry program to obtain permanent residency
Step 7: Compulsory credentials have to be uploaded to Express Entry
Step 1: Check if you are eligible for the Express Entry program in Canada
Step 2: Create an Express Entry profile
Step 3: Submit every document
Step 4: Wait for the Nomination from BC
Step 5: You are required to accept the provincial nomination (Additional 600 CRS Points)
Step 6: Submit the Expression of Interest (EOI)
Step 7: Then you will be issued an ITA (Invitation to Apply)
Step 8: You can send the other documents required
Step 9: You will be given the Canadian PR within 6 months
How Long Does it Take to Get the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program?
The time taken to get into the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program depends on the immigration program.
Here is the estimated processing time:
|Immigration Programme||Estimated Time Period|
|Skills Immigration Stream||Around 2 – 3 Months|
|Express Entry BC||Around 2 – 3 Months|
|Entrepreneur Immigration Stream||Around Four Months|
Pathways to British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program allows foreign nationals to become permanent residents of Canada and settle in British Columbia. There are different pathways to British Columbia PNP, letting skilled workers, entrepreneurs, investors, and workers in sectors with labour shortages move to become permanent residents and settle in the province.
- British Columbia Skills Immigration
- British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration
BC Skills Immigration
This stream is for foreign nationals with the required skills and experience, which help them land a secure job in BC.
- British Columbia Skilled Worker
- British Columbia Healthcare Professional
- British Columbia International Graduate
- British Columbia International Post-Graduate
- British Columbia ELSS (short for Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker)
British Columbia Express Entry
The British Columbia Skills Immigration has countless programs which assure faster Canadian PR for candidates who not only have a valid Express Entry profile but meet the eligibility criteria as well. But there is no need to be eligible for Express Entry while applying to any streams with regard to Skills Immigration. So ensure that you check the application procedure of each stream.
To be able to qualify for the BC Express Entry Program, you are required to qualify under one of the programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, or the Canadian Experience Class. To be eligible for Express Entry, a candidate should obtain 67 points out of 100 and meet the criteria to obtain Permanent Residency in the province:
- A permanent job offer from a BC employer in NOC (skill level O, A, or B)
- Meet the language requirements
- No less than 2 years of experience in the related employment offered
- An authentic Express Entry profile and a job seeker validation code
- British Columbia ELSS (short for Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker)
- Meet the other requirements as per the EE program
- Proof of funds that you can look after yourself and family members
BC Entrepreneur Immigration
The British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration is for foreign nationals as well as foreign companies with successful track records in business management, ownership, and investment. Entrepreneurs with significant net worth and Global Corporations with high annual revenue can choose to immigrate to BC by establishing a new business in British Columbia.
- British Columbia Entrepreneur
- British Columbia Entrepreneur Regional Pilot
- British Columbia Strategic Projects
BC Tech Pilot Program
This program is for foreign nationals who work in the in-demand tech occupations of the BC province. Also, it is aligned with BC Skills Immigration. So, ensure that you check the streams that are available under the Skills Immigration category.
Why Choose Oasis Resource Management?
Oasis Resource Management is a leading immigration consultant that understands the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) process and can assist you every step of the way. We have a team of knowledgeable and experienced immigration advisors who will evaluate your eligibility. We will help you collect the required documentation, and submit a complete and precise application.