Book Free Consultation


As of October 25, 2012, Canada Family Spouse Visa sponsored spouses or partners must live with their sponsor in a lawful relationship for two years from the day they get their Canadian permanent resident status. This is applicable to you if a Canadian citizen or permanent resident sponsors you/you and your sponsor have been in a relationship for two years or less/you have no children in common, or we received your application on or after October 25, 2012.

How to Apply for Canada Family Spouse Visa?

Sponsored spouses or partners, as of October 25, 2012, are required to live with their sponsor in a legal relationship for two years from the day they get their permanent resident status in Canada.

How to Apply for Canada Family Spouse Visa?

This applies to you if:

  • A Canadian citizen or permanent resident is sponsoring you
  • You and your sponsor have been in a relationship for two years or less
  • You have no children in command
  • We received your application on or after October 25, 2012

If you are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada, you can sponsor:

  • Your spouse
  • Your common-law or conjugal partner
  • Your dependent children

You need to ensure that you have no children in common.

If you sponsor your family member for Canadian immigration, you must provide proof that you can:

  • Meet basic needs, including food, clothing, and shelter for yourself and your family
  • Support your relative financially
  • Ensure that your spouse or relative does not need to seek financial assistance from the government

Super Visa (Parents)

No new applications for sponsoring parents or grandparents will be accepted to process for up to 24 months. Parents and grandparents of citizens and permanent residents of Canada have a new option for visiting the country – the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa. This temporary pause will let us focus our attention on those applicants who are already waiting for a decision and lower the backlog in the parents and grandparents category.

Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents are likely to be eligible to apply for the parent and grandparent super visa.

This visa has a validity of up to 10 years and will allow you to visit your family in Canada for up to two years without having to renew your status.

Who Stands Eligible for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa?

To be eligible for the super visa, candidates should be Canadian citizens or permanent residents’ parents and grandparents. Their dependents of parents and grandparents are not qualified to receive a super visa. However, they can always for a regular visitor visa. The super visa applicants should be found permissible to Canada and meet other conditions as well.

Visa officers consider numerous factors before deciding whether a candidate is permissible. Officers have to believe that the candidate is a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave the country by choice after their visit ends.

Among the things the officer might take into consideration are mentioned below:

  • The person’s bond to the home country
  • The purpose of the visit
  • The person’s family and financial situation
  • The political and economic stability of your home country taken as a whole

The parent or grandparent ought to do the following:

  • Provide a letter assuring financial assistance from their child or grandchild in the country with a minimum income
  • Prove he or she has medical insurance in Canada for no more than one year for covering the time he or she will be in Canada
  • Complete an immigration medical examination

Family Sponsorship and Parents Visa

Super Visa for Parents – Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has stated that the Parent and Grandparent Program (PGP) for immigration in Canada is scheduled to reopen on January 2, 2015.

The PGP lets citizens and permanent residents of Canada bring their foreign parents and grandparents to Canada as permanent residents of the country.

There will be a cap of 5,000 complete applications accepted, the same number as the prior application cycle that opened in January 2014. That cap was reached in only three weeks. Given that numerous prospective candidates have been waiting tolerantly for the PGP to reopen, it is likely that the next application cycle will reach its cap. Applications that are not received before January 2, 2015, will not be accepted and will be returned to the candidate.
To be eligible for PGP sponsorship, the sponsor in Canada must meet the below-mentioned requirements:

  • Be Canada Citizen or Permanent Resident
  • Be 18 years old or above
  • Improve the minimum necessary income level for this program by submitting notices of assessment of the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) issues in support of their sponsorship. Also, sponsors are required to demonstrate they have met the minimum necessary income level for three consecutive years. Both persons’ income can be included if married or in a common-law relationship
  • The sponsor is required to sign an undertaking for repaying any provincial social assistance benefits paid to the sponsor and their accompanying family member(s), if any, for a period of 20 years, if deemed necessary. If the sponsor lives in Quebec, an extra ‘undertaking’ should be signed.

Dependent Visa

To improve the economic immigration policies, the Canadian Government has brought numerous considerable changes in the past several months. There is a number of new initiatives have been announced by the government for the migrant communities. It is mainly to boost Canada’s economy. People who have migrated to Canada under the economic immigration policies can apply under the dependent visa category to welcome their family members to live with them in the country.

The family members of the person who is already living in a country with a valid visa are considered dependents; each country has its own set of rules to issue a dependent visa to the applicants. Applicants who are applying under the Dependent Visa Clause should fulfill the requirement of immigration policies, including:

  • Have to meet all the requirements for temporary residents to Canada
  • Full satisfaction from the immigration officer
  • Must not have a criminal record

Under Canada’s dependent visa program, Citizens and Permanent Residents can sponsor their children or dependent child/children of their partner for living with them in Canada.

There are many requirements that need to be fulfilled under Dependent Visa such as:

  • Have got to prove that the sponsored children are financially dependent on him/her
  • Agree to provide financial support for dependent children until they turn 19 or for a period of 10 years, whichever comes first
  • Confirm that the dependent child is enrolled in continuous and full-time academic courses at recognized educational institutes if he or she is 19 years old and/or has a spouse or common-law partner
  • A dependent child who is over 19 needs to be provided for a period of three years

Dependent children of the applicant or applicant partners can come to live with them if they:

  • Meet all the necessary criteria to become Canada’s temporary residents
  • Convince the immigration authorities that they will stay in the country for the short term
  • Show the invitation letter from the sponsors
  • They should not have any criminal record
Book Free Consultation

Get the answers you need!

We're here to help. Please follow the steps to book free 15-min phone consultation. Alternatively, you can mail us at

Book Free Consultation