Book Free Consultation


Do you want to know more about the Canadian Experience Class visa (CEC)? As a part of the Express Entry immigration system in Canada, the CEC is an immigration program that enables individuals with at least one year of work experience to immigrate permanently. It truly is one of the pathways when it comes to obtaining a Canadian permanent residency.

Canadian Experience Class Visa

The Canadian Government recognizes a great pool of skilled and talented workers who are already working in Canada and are looking to become permanent residents. These are individuals as well as families who have not only set down roots but also made plans for their promising future in the North American country.

Eligibility Criteria for Canadian Experience Class Visa

The aspirants need to go through Express Entry. Listed below are the minimum requirements to qualify under the Canadian Experience Class Visa:

Work Experience

Applicants must have a minimum of 1 year of full-time or equivalent part-time legal domain experience in Canada, during the last 3 years before the application process.

According to the National Occupational Classification Code in Canada, skilled work experience denotes the below-mentioned types:

  • Managerial jobs (skill level O)
  • Professional jobs (skill level A)
  • Mechanical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)

Language Ability

The applicants are likely to have a minimum level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 7 for NOC ‘O’ or ‘A’ jobs and CLB of 5 for NOC ‘B’ jobs. It is mandatory for applicants to provide the test results from an approved agency.

Educational Requirements

No specific education is required for this program. However, to be awarded points for Express Entry, the applicants are likely to complete an Education Credential Assessment (ECA) carried out by the World education services.
The candidates will need a Canadian secondary school (high school) or Post-secondary school certificate, diploma, or Graduation Degree to qualify.

How to Apply for a Canadian Experience Class Visa

Here is how you, as a worker, can get your Permanent Resident (PR) status:

Obtain a Canadian Work Permit

Having the right to work in Canada plays a very significant role and is a crucial prerequisite under this program. For some individuals, including those who are eligible under the International Experience Canada (IEC) program or the spouse/common-law partner of a Canadian international student or foreign worker, an open worker is likely to be an option. For others, an employer-specific (‘closed’) work permit is likely to be issued. Examples of closed work permits consist of a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and Intra-Company transfers.

Complete One Year of Work in Canada

You need no less than a year of work experience (or more, if part-time) in order to be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class Visa. That is because eleven-and-a-half months will not be sufficient.

Ensure You Meet Other Eligibility Criteria

Get your language test carried out. For English, candidates are likely to take the IELTS or CELPIP test. For French, on the other hand, the TEF and TCF are the presently available options. Candidates with some proficiency in English and French can be awarded extra points for proficiency in their second language.

Create an Express Entry Profile

This step is accomplished on the IRCC website. You will be asked to provide some personal information, some of which is self-declared (such as your work history), and some of which must be accompanied by documentation (including your proof of language proficiency).

Enhance Your Profile and Ranking Under the CRS

If your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score is below the cut-off required to receive an ITA, you must consult the guide on how to improve your CRS score.

One of the most common reasons why Canadian Experience Class Visa never receives an ITA is owing to the fact that they have not taken the extra step of providing their education level. Candidates in the Federal Skilled Worker program are required to prove their education. Canadian Experience Class candidates, on the other hand, do not have to provide this.

There are other potential ways to boost your ranking. They include completing additional work experience or seeing if you are eligible under one of the Express Entry-aligned Provincial Nominee Program streams, specifically those in the province in which you work(ed). Your skills and experience are likely to be in demand in the province, so there could be a 600-point bonus waiting for you.

Receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply)

This is perhaps the step, which brings the most delight, as it lets you and your family (if applicable), for submitting an application for permanent residence. You will have 60 days for submitting a complete application. ITAs are issued when IRCC carries out one of its draws from the Express Entry pool.

If your work permit is about to expire within the next four months, you are likely to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit so that you may carry on working throughout the rest of the process (though your work permit application can only be submitted after you have submitted your PR (permanent residence) application for CEC.

Complete Medical, Provide Checks Concerning Security Background and Submit an E-Application

All Canadian Experience Class applicants are screened for potential inadmissibility (medical and criminal). With your application, you will need to display that you have finished a medical exam with an IRCC-recognized panel physician.

Additionally, you have to provide a police background check (also called a clearance certificate) from each country you have resided in for no less than six months since the age of 18. The e-application, which must be submitted within 60 days of receiving an Invitation to Apply, should also contain detailed work reference letters from previous employers.

Given the tight time frame, it is a great idea for gathering background checks and work reference letters before receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA).

Your e-Application is Reviewed

An immigration officer in Canada will evaluate the submitted e-application and allow you to know if anything else is required.

Receive Confirmation of Permanent Resident (PR) Status and Complete Your Landing

80 percent of applications submitted under the Canadian Experience Class Visa are processed within less than six months. When a person is approved, he/she receives a COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) document. An officer at a port of entry in Canada or at an IRCC office sign as well as dates this document when PR is granted.

Get Your Permanent Resident (PR) Card

Once you have your status confirmation, you may possibly then apply for your PR card. If you choose to travel out of the country, you are likely to use this card as proof of your status in Canada.

Benefits of Canadian Experience Class Visa

Listed below are the Canadian Experience Class Visa benefits under the Canada Express Entry:

  • A Canadian Experience Class candidate already has one year of work experience in Canada. This factor is very helpful under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), and it provides the candidate an advantage and makes them more eligible compared to others in the pool.
  • It requires fewer documents than other programs, which brings about closer application processing (within 3 to 4 months).
  • Because the required documentation is negligible, Canadian Experience Class Visa applications are processed rapidly (often within three to four months).
  • Applicants under the Canadian Experience Class Visa are not required to show proof of settlement funds, as FSTC and FSWC candidates are.
  • Canadian Experience Class proof of funds is not required.

Why Hire Oasis Resource Management?

At Oasis Resource Management, we are one of the Top Visa Consultants in India with a track record of assisting the maximum number of individuals. We have a team of skilled and experienced immigration consultants who will assess your eligibility. We will assist you in gathering the required documentation, and submitting a complete and accurate application.

Book Free Consultation

Get the answers you need!

We're here to help. Please follow the steps to book free 15-min phone consultation. Alternatively, you can mail us at

Book Free Consultation