Do you plan to visit the US as a tourist? A US tourist visa from India is what you need! This fabulous country will spoil you for choice with its spectacular offerings. The United States of America witnesses a huge influx of travelers from around the world, including Indian citizens.
How to Apply for US Tourist Visa from India
As an Indian, you would be aware of the fact that the visa application process is a complicated affair. You need to understand the nuances before you apply for a US tourist visa. So, if you are excited to visit the US and check out its incredible hot spots and other places of interest, here is all you need to know about applying for a tourist visa.
Do Indians Need a US Tourist Visa?
The majority of foreign nationals that wish to visit the US must apply for a tourist visa, comprising Indian citizens. Any individual with an Indian passport that looks forward to visiting a friend or family in the US, or even traveling as a tourist must apply for a tourist visa to the US.
You must know about the steps to getting your US visa application approved. These include getting accurate documents, scheduling the interview, the interview process, and so on. After going through each step yet it is not guaranteed that you will be granted a US tourist visa from India.
Importance of the US Visa
Indians visiting the US for vacation, a job, study, or business must get a visa. It is up to the visitor’s intent what type of US visa they require.
There are two categories of US visas, including:
You can obtain this kind of visa if you wish to become a permanent resident of the US. No doubt, getting this visa often takes a lot of time. Any individual wanting this visa must submit a petition to the USCIS (short for the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services). This petition is endorsed by a future employer or relative.
You can obtain this type of visa to visit the US for various reasons. These include tourism, study, business, and medicine. This type of visa is for individuals who don’t aspire to become US permanent residents.
Types of US Visitor Visas for Indians
Any Indian citizen expressing their interest in visiting the US for tourism or business purposes can choose from two types of tourist visas. The tourist visa to the US is a visit visa (or a non-immigrant visa). While the B1 and B2 visas differ in the purpose of their usage, their permits are handled at the nearest US Embassy.
Listed below are the types of visas Indian citizens can apply for:
- Category B1 Visa
- Category B2 Visa
Category B1 Visa
Do you wish to visit the USA for business on a temporary basis? You can apply for a B1 visa. But there are some crucial things you need to remember about this visa. A B1 visa enables you to take part in the following activities:
- Consult with business partners or associates
- Attend business meetings, conferences, or conventions
- Attend scientific, educational, or professional conferences or conferences
- Need to settle an estate
- Need to negotiate a business contract
Category B2 Visa
You can apply for a B2 visa that meets your specific travel purpose. For instance, the B2 visa is mainly used for tourism purposes, including:
- Travel or vacation in the US
- Visit friends and relatives
- Visit the US for medical treatment or procedure
- Participate in various types of events – social, musical, sporting, or even contests – must not get paid for participating
- Attend a short recreational study course that does not offer a degree or credit
In addition, any Indian citizen can visit the US for business meetings and tourism i.e. a blend of B1 and B2 visa purposes.
Eligibility Criteria for a US Tourist Visa for Indians
As per the US Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), any non-US citizen needs to prove to the consular officer that they understand the eligibility criteria. Once you comprehend the difference between the US visitor visas available, applying for the right category will be simple for you.
- You must have a passport valid for at least the next 6 months.
- You must have a valid reason or purpose for your US visit.
- You must have enough funds to support your stay in the United States of America.
- You must have all the required documents required for a US tourist visa for Indians.
- You should not have any criminal history in the past, nor should you have any criminal case pending against you.
- You cannot provide phony or forged documents for US tourist visas.
- You need to undertake a medical test so you can get a medical certificate of sound health, which is approved by a medical practitioner.
- You can only partake in activities allowed under the US visa you want to apply for.
- You must strong ties to your home country – India.
Documents You Require for US Tourist Visa From India
Here’s a checklist of documents required to apply for a US tourist visa:
- First and foremost, a passport with at least 6 months of validity.
- You need to have the confirmation page with the barcode for the US visa application form DS-160.
- Digital copies of your passport-size photographs meet the photo requirements.
- Printout of PAN or Aadhar Card if applicable.
- Proof of enough funds, which include bank statements.
- You must have one 2*2-inch photograph (taken within the last 6 months).
- Proof of visa application fees.
- You need to show proof of confirmation of your interview appointment.
- Marriage certificate, when applicable.
- When required, you need to produce the divorce or death certificate of your spouse.
- Certain financial documents are required. These include current income proof, ITR, business ownership proof, property, or assets.
- Birth certificate.
- Police clearance certificate.
How Do I Apply for a Tourist Visa to the US from India?
If a trip to the US is what you have on your mind, obtaining a US tourist visa from India is of utmost importance. A tourist is a non-immigrant visa that enables you to a foreign destination for a specified period of time. Aside from being the most crucial document to carry, it lets you enter the United States of America.
Getting a US visa from India is a lengthy process. However, the process required to get a US visa is quite simple. It is mandatory to determine the type of visa you require.
- Obtain the documents you need for completing the application.
- You will have to fill out the NIV US Visa application online: DS-160 form.
- Proceed to pay the US Visa fees online.
- Now submit your application. You will receive DS-160 confirmation and fee receipt via mail.
- Schedule your appointment for the US Visa using the DS-160 application barcode and the visa fee receipt number. This includes two appointments: First, at a VAC (short for Visa Application Center) for the biometric submission. The next appointment will be at a US Embassy or Consulate-General for the visa interview.
- Make sure you visit the VAC for your biometric first, along with your passport, appointment, and DS-160 confirmation pages.
- After the submission at VAC, you will need to visit the US Embassy or Consulate for the interview. Do carry your supporting documents, appointment confirmation letter, and VAC stamped DS-160 confirmation page.
If you want to obtain a US tourist visa from India, get in touch with Oasis Resource Management. Our expert team will thoroughly assist you in handling every query you may have with respect to applying for a US tourist visa from India.