Many people in different parts of the country wonder about how to apply for open work permit Canada in 2023 as you can have many advantages as an open work permit holder.
Canada Work Visa is classified into two categories – an Open Work permit and an Employer-Specific Work permit, which is also known as a closed work permit.
Under an Open Work permit, the location and nature of the job may be restricted but the employer under whom you want to work can be changed. There are many advantages of having an open work permit due to which people wonder about how to apply for open work permit Canada in 2023.
Eligibility to Apply for Open Work Permit Canada in 2023
There are the following criteria under which you can be eligible to apply for open work permit Canada in 2023:
Application for TR to PR Pathway
One of the two documents is required for the application – a conformational email from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) about the successful submission of your permanent residence or the letter provided by the Client Support Center when you requested an alternative format application (such as large print, Braille, or paper copy).
When you apply for the PR pathway, you are legally authorized to work with a valid work permit, work authorization without a work permit, and permission to work under any public policy.
Language Proficiency Requirements
When you applied for the PR pathway, you met the language requirements for the pathway you’re applying for. You must have had valid results from an approved language test like IELTS or CELPIP when you applied. If you applied for one of the streams where the French language is required, your test results must be from an approved French language test.
You should be residing in Canada.
You must either have eligibility to restore your status, must have applied for an extension of your status before it expires, or have valid temporary resident status when you apply for the work permit. If you are already holding an open work permit and you’re a refugee claimant who’s waiting for a decision from the Immigration Refugee board or appealing the Immigration Refugee Board’s decision on your claim then you will not be considered a temporary resident.
Family members can be eligible to apply for open work permit Canada, if the age of the member is more than 18 years, is a dependent child or common-law partner/spouse of the principal applicant for the permanent resident (PR) pathway and you must have valid temporary resident status or have applied to extend status before it expired.
When Can You Apply For Open Work Permit Canada?
After checking out whether you meet all the criteria to apply for open work permit Canada, it is important to know when you can apply for open work permit Canada. You can apply up to 4 months before your current work permit expires, if you have a valid work permit.
Your family members can apply for a work permit at any time. If the family members have maintained their status or if they are eligible to restore their status, then all the applicants and their family members can apply at any time.
How to Apply for Open Work Permit Canada
Applying online for an open work permit after checking your eligibility is important as you can’t apply at a port of entry. With principal applicants, family members can also apply online at the same time.
You can apply for open work permit Canada by following these steps:
- A scanner or camera is needed for creating electronic copies of your documents and a valid debit/credit card to apply online to make sure that you possess all the required documents.
- CAN $ 155 for work permit processing must be paid as a fee. For the open work permit holder, the fee of CAN $ 100 is exempted. As you’re exempt from paying one of the fees, you need to pay fees before applying online. Remember to keep the receipt after you pay your fee as you’ll need to upload it when you apply online for the work permit.
- Submit application forms and check your status. You need to go to the “Start your application” section on the welcome page once after signing in, click on “Apply to come to Canada”, scroll down to the “I do not have a personal reference code” section, click on the “visitor visa, study and/or work permit” button and select “Work” on the next page.
- A personalized document checklist should be created.
- Before completing your application, reading instruction guide is recommended. Once after getting the checklist of documents, fill out the application form. The guide will explain how each field on the form is to be completed.
- You must upload the correct documents to be eligible for public policy.
You will have a clear idea from this blog about how to apply for open work permit Canada in 2023, as it is very important to gain Canadian work experience.