After the addition of 16 jobs in the eligible occupations list by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), there are total 359 occupations for the Federal Skilled Worker Program of Express Entry. One year of experience is required by foreign skilled workers to apply for these occupations under FSWP. This increases the demand for trained and expert payroll administrators by Canadian companies. CAD 53,430 is the median annual salary for a payroll administrator in Canada.
16 eligible occupations which are later added by IRCC
- Dental assistants and Dental laboratory assistants
- Elementary and Secondary school teacher assistants
- Sheriffs and Bailiffs
- Correctional Service Officers
- Nurse aides and Patient service associates
- Pharmacy technical assistants and Pharmacy assistants
- By-Law enforcement and Other regulatory officers
- Residential and Commercial installers
- Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations
- Pest control and Fumigators
- Transport truck drivers
- Transit operators
- Heavy equipment operators
- Aircraft assemblers and Aircraft assembly inspectors
- Other repairs and Servicers
- Payroll administrators.
Need for Trained and Expert Payroll Administrators
As per the government, there was a requirement for 683 payroll administrators in December 2022. The need for payroll administrators is increasing day by day. Canadian Payroll Association has 40,000 members who provide Government Advocacy initiatives, Research, and Member Services. A payroll administrator has to manage employee benefits, cut the paycheques, collect and verify payroll information and maintain accuracy about payroll information.
Eligibility to Apply for a Canadian PR Visa Under FSW of Express Entry
Candidates interested in applying for Canada PR visa under the FSW program of Express Entry should go for a language proficiency exam to prove that they are able to listen, write, speak and read the required official language. They should also have at least a year of experience in the last decade in the jobs available in the category of TEER 0,1,2 or 3 of the NOC 2021 system.