If you are looking to settle in the United Kingdom, what you need is a UK Startup Visa from India.
About UK Startup Visa from India
The UK Startup Visa from India is for those individuals who are new entrepreneurs and willing to establish their businesses in the country for the first time. You do not have to be a graduate or have secured any funding. However, having a viable, scalable, and innovative business idea that the endorsing body has approved is of utmost importance.
All applicants should meet the requirements for:
- English Language
- Maintenance Funds
- Over 18 years of age
The UK Startup Visa from India is a new category that replaced the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa program.
Requirements for UK Startup Visa from India
In order to be eligible for a UK Startup Visa, you should meet several requirements. These seem very similar to the old Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa. However, there are some main differences:
- You should not be under 18 years old
- You have not established a business in the United Kingdom earlier (unless you previously held leave as a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur
- You actually plan to undertake and have the ability to undertake any work or business in the country as stated in your application
- Your letter of endorsement was not issued more than three months prior to the date of your application for the UK Startup Visa
- You have been endorsed by an approved endorsing body in the UK that has evaluated your scalability, viability, and innovation. They should be satisfied that you will spend the majority of your work in the UK on building your business venture
- You are adept at the English language to no less than CEFR Level B2 (equivalent to IELTS 5.5 in reading, writing, listening, and speaking)
Unlike in the case of an Innovator Visa, there is no need to invest funds at the start to qualify for this investment route.
To meet the requirements for a UK Startup Visa from India, being endorsed by a Home Office ‘approved body’ is necessary.
It can either be:
- A British university, which is an educational institute based in the United Kingdom
- A business that has been supporting entrepreneurs
A business or educational facility should be incorporated on the UK Government’s list of ‘approved bodies’ so you can get endorsed by it. This list is available on the UK Gov website.
In order to obtain your endorsement, get in touch with an endorsing body and present them with your business plan. Based on your educational history and the type of business you are looking to set up, choose which endorsing body you are likely to approach.
Who is the UK Startup Visa from India Suitable for?
The Startup Visa category is appropriate for early-stage, but high-potential entrepreneurs who wish to start a business in the UK for the first time.
Generally speaking, startup visa applicants will not already have begun setting up their business in the United Kingdom. However, where they have, the new business must not have started trading. The only exceptions to this are if the candidate has already been granted leave under the Startup or Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) categories or under the Tier 4 doctorate extension scheme.
If you are a businessperson with relevant experience under your belt and are seeking to establish a business in the country, then the Innovator Visa may be more suitable. If you are willing to join an already trading business then the Skilled Worker Visa may be more suitable. If you are looking to make an investment in an already trading business then you may consider the Tier 1 Investor Visa route.
English Language Requirements
In order to meet the Tier 1 Startup visa requirements, you are required to prove that you have English knowledge when you apply.
You can do this by either:
- Having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is from a recognized educational facility in the UK to the equivalent of a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D.
- Passing a Home Office-approved English language test (like an IELTS test) with a minimum score of CEFR Level B2 in reading, writing, listening, and speaking
- If you have met requirements for the English language for a previous application to enter the country – to a B2 level or higher – you do not need to do so for a second time
Documents You Require for UK Startup Visa from India
To make a Tier 1 Startup Visa application, you must submit the below-mentioned documents alongside your application:
- Letter of endorsement
- Current passport or travel document
- Bank statements that demonstrate you can support yourself in the United Kingdom while setting up your business (it should show that you have no less than £945 of savings in your bank account for no less than 90 consecutive days preceding your application
- Your TB (tuberculosis) test results (if you are from a nation where it is obligatory)
- Evidence that you meet diverse requirements for the English language
Processing Time for UK Startup Visa from India
- The earliest you can apply for a UK Startup Visa from India is 3 months before you choose to travel
- Priority service may possibly be available for entry clearance applications, which must result in a decision within 10-15 days
- Standard processing times for entry clearance applications is around 3 weeks when you choose to apply from outside the country. For applications submitted from within the UK, the processing time is around 8-12 weeks.
If you wish to come to the United Kingdom for starting a business as a recent university graduate, you applying for a Startup Visa will be your best bet. To be eligible for this visa, you are required to have an endorsement from one of numerous possible endorsing bodies. In the case of this visa type, the endorsing body is generally a British higher education institution. Also, you can be endorsed by a business firm with a history of supporting Tier 1 entrepreneurs.