SOLE REPRESENTATIVE VISA
The Sole Representative of an Overseas business visa is targeted at businesses that are looking to set up a wholly owned subsidiary or branch office in the UK for the first time. The visa category allows a senior manager, with operational power to be granted permission to set up operations in the UK.
What you need to know
In making your initial entry to the UK as a Sole Representative of an overseas company, you will be granted a 3 year and 4 month visa. You shall be able to apply to extend this visa at the end of the period for a further 2 years.
- The person that is selected as the Sole Representative of the company must:
- Must be recruited and employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarters and principal place of business are outside the UK
- Have extensive related industry experience and knowledge
- Hold a senior position within the company (but not be a major shareholder) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf
- Intend to establish the company first commercial presence in the UK, eg a registered branch or a wholly owned subsidiary
- You may also be eligible if the company has a legal entity in the UK that does not employ staff or transact business.
- If your company has been working to establish a UK branch or subsidiary, but it is not yet set up, you can replace a previous sole representative.
- You are required to provide evidence that you are proficient in English language.
- You must demonstrate that you have sufficient maintenance to support yourself and any dependants during your stay
You can bring as your dependants, children under the age of 18 and your spouse/unmarried/civil partner.