British Columbia Investment Program
Key details of BC Provisional Nominee Program
- Investor to have a personal net worth of at least CAD$600,000
- If invited to apply, investor must include a review of personal net worth completed by a qualified accounting firm
- Propose a business plan that has a strong likelihood of sustained commercial viability
- As part of the business plan, propose to make a minimum personal investment of CAD$200,000 in eligible expenses and create at least one new job in the proposed B.C. business
- If investor proposes a Key Staff as part of the application, the investment requirement increases to CAD$400,000 and the job creation to three
- Demonstrate that investor will have an active management role in the day-to-day operations of the business in B.C.
- 3 to 4 months for invitation
- 18 to 20 months for work permit approval
- Post this, 6 to 7 months Permanent Residence application to be approved
- Successful and experienced: Investor is knowledgeable and have a strong background in the sector of the proposed business in B.C.
- Investment-ready: Investor have transferable skills, experience and investment funds, and are ready to execute the business proposal
- Prepared: Investor understands how they can make proposed business profitable, the risks, the local business conditions and the required resources
- Confidence : Investor to have confidence in business ventures
- Adaptable: Investor can demonstrate the due diligence have been undertaken to fully understand the local business environment
Benefits Of BC Provisional Nominee Program
- Access to all rights of an Canada citizen protected by Canadian legislation and regulations,
- Earlier entry for business immigration
- Retain control of the funds actively by the investor
- No language proficiency levels required
- No need to have new minimum net worth and investment requirements of the Federal Investor Program
- Inclusion of family members, such as spouse or partner, dependent children and dependent parents.
- Selection into the programme leads directly to Permanent residency