Portugal Golden Investor Visa Service
The "Golden Visa" is a Portuguese residency permit that, unlike others, depends specifically of the applicant's investment in Portugal.
The GV gives its bearer the right to work and live in Portugal, as well as to travel in 26 European Countries ("Schengen Space"). Such rights are extended to family members and its attractiveness is related to the fact that it does not depend on the effective stay of the applicant in Portugal. In fact, applicants have only minimal stay requirements, but it gives its bearer and family the right to Permanent Residency after 5 years (during such period, a Temporary Residency permit will be issued), and citizenship after 6 years.
Alongside a booming economy, Germany has an internationally renowned education system, playing host to some of the most prestigious schools and universities in Europe. German residents enjoy a very high standard of living, a modern and affordable health service and unrivalled travel infrastructure.
It should be noted that the investor and family members will always have to be present at the Service of Foreigners and Boarders of Portugal for fingerprinting, signature and other formalities.
Acquisition of a Real Estate property in the minimum amount of € 500.000,00 (five hundred thousand Euros);
Under these possibility, in order to obtain a GV, one must invest by acquiring real estate for the minimum purchase price of € 500.000,00, being possible to acquire several properties as long as the investment totalizes the aforementioned sum.
Applicants Will Have To Meet The Following General Requirements:
- Keep the investment for a minimum period of 5 (five) years;
- Funds for investment should come from abroad;
- Entry in Portugal with a valid Schengen visa;
- Absence of references in the Portuguese Immigration and the Schengen services;
- Absence of conviction of relevant crime;
- Minimum stay in Portugal: 7 (seven) days during the first year and 14 (fourteen) days during each subsequent period of two years.
Applicants Will Also Have The Following Specific Rights:
- Possibility to purchase one or more of multiple properties;
- All property types qualify;
- Possibility of co-ownership;
- Freedom to use, rent or lease.
Transfer of capital from abroad in the minimum amount of € 1.000.000 (one million Euros);
Creation of a minimum of 10 (ten) permanent jobs in Portugal.
The Schengen Space is a group of 26 European countries that have abolished passport and immigration controls at their common borders. The Schengen Space includes the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
Under the GV programme, the investor's family members may also apply and obtain a resident permit from Portugal by applying for "family reunion". The GV will be extended to family members, namely children, spouse and dependent family members. The family members will also be eligible for Permanent Residency after 5 years and Portuguese Citizenship after 6 years.
The investor and family members will have to meet the following criteria in order to be able to apply for Permanent Residency in Portugal:
- Absence of conviction of relevant crime during the last 5 (five years);
- Proof of income / financial independence;
- Proof of accommodation in Portugal.
The Portuguese legislation sets out that any person who has been validly resident in Portugal for at least 6 (years (either under a temporary or permanent residency title), is eligible for obtaining Portuguese Citizenship.
In order to be able to obtain Portuguese Citizenship, the investor and family members will also have to comply with the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old (or at least 16 but married or legally responsible);
- Absence of conviction of any relevant crime;
- Pass a simple Portuguese language test, which will serve to show sufficient knowledge of the language.
Apart from the legal fees charged by our Law Firm (to be requested directly), the GV involves the payment of the following fees, which are payable directly to the Services of Foreigners and Borders ("SEF"):
- Processing fee (application and renewal) - € 513,75 (plus € 80.04 per family member);
- Initial Golden Visa - € 5,137.50;
- Initial Golden Visa for Family members - € 5,137.50;
- Renewal of Golden Visa - € 2,568.75.
Our services include legal assistance and representation in:
Signature of documentation
- Sign power of attorney for property acquisition;
- Sign power of attorney for immigration services.
Diligences regarding the property selected:
- Represent and assist the client and safeguard its rights and interests;
- Ensure that there are no mortgages or pending claims regarding the real estate to be purchased;
- Represent and assist the client to complete whole process of real estate transaction (transaction, notarization, payment of property acquired, payment transfer, payment of taxes, obtaining all the legal documents concerning the estate before the estate registry services and tax authorities, etc);
- Draft and signature of the promissory purchase agreement and the house purchase deed;
- Sign the deed/contract of purchase and sale;
- Complete the payment of the house price.
Other services concerning the property, after purchase:
- Sign utilities contracts (water, electricity, gas, internet);
- Sign and negotiate contracts with real estate agents (in case rentals or leases are considered);
- Sign and negotiate contracts with tenants (in case private rentals are preferred);
- Sign contracts with other services connected with the property acquired (e.g. house cleaners, gardeners or pool maintenance companies).
Other diligences related with the process:
- Acquire tax number of buyer (and spouse, if applicable);
- Open bank account.
GV application procedure:
- Assistance in meeting all the requirements and gathering all documents needed for the application, including those within the scope of "family reunion";
- Certified translations of all the necessary documents into Portuguese language;
- The permanent residency application, including those related to family members within the scope of "family reunion" ( up to 3 people, i.e. spouse and 2 children minors of age);
- Assistance in the renewal of the temporary permit and issuance of the permanent one;
- Assistance in complying with all legal obligations concerning taxes over property or personal or corporate income;
- Representation on behalf of the client before the Portuguese Authorities within the GV legal procedure;
- Accompanying the client to the Portuguese Authorities when needed.