Malta Business Investment Immigration Visa
The Mediterranean climate, colonial culture, rich history and modern lifestyle all combine to make Malta one of the most attractive places to live in Europe. This coupled with Malta's attractiveness as a business hub and its competitive tax system explains Malta's rising popularity with the internationally investor community.
The island nation comprises of three islands namely Malta, Gozo and Comino. The total population is around 400,000 and area of 316sq.km The national language is Maltese but the official languages are both Maltese and English. Malta boasts of an excellent climate, friendly people and a low crime rate.
An efficient work force, a stable and economic development of Malta to acquire safe environment, a low-cost and tax-efficient jurisdiction, English as a business language and a strong legal and fiscal framework are all ingredients which combine to make Malta the ideal place to do business and have resulted in Malta's ranking among the top five emerging financial centres in the world in the City of London's Global Financial Index.
Both Individuals and businesses can largely benefit from the array of tax incentives offered, spanning from half rates on personal income, to zero taxation for worldwide dividends and interest received. For businesses, tax incentives include but are not limited, to a notional interest deduction and one of the lowest corporate rates in the EU.
Where Is Malta
Being strategically located within 3 hours flight to major financial centres in Europe. Malta comprises of three islands: Malta, Gozo and Comino with a total population of over 400,000.
Climate And Environment
Excellent Mediterranean climate round the year with sunny bright days all around.
World class education in both state schools and private English speaking schools.
A true multicultural country with individuals from every part of the world.
Highly secure and safe place for families with low index of crime rate.
Individuals who are resident and domiciled in Malta pay income tax on their worldwide income. Personal income is taxed at a progressive rates upto 35%, However individuals who are resident but not domiciled in Malta pay tax on income arising in Malta and on income(excluding capital gains) remitted to Malta on remittance basis. The tax rate varies in accordance with the individual's tax status.
Capital Gains Tax is levied on transfer of immovable property if the person transferring the property has owned it and occupied it as their main residence for a period of three consecutive years immediately preceding the date of transfer and if the property is transferred within 12 months from vacating the premises. The standard VAT rate is 18%.
Malta is a full member of the European Union which grants access to the EU market of more than 500 million citizens. Combined with Malta' adoption of the Euro € in 2008, this led to the lifting of property and trade restrictions, an increase to financial attractions as well as greater business investments.
Most notably Malta is, also, a member of the United Nations, the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, World Health Organization, the Commonwealth and the Council of Europe.
Malta enjoys excellent relations and economic ties with Europe, the Middle East and Gulf Countries as well as major economies such as Russia, China, India and the USA.
Malta enjoys free movement as a member state of the EU. The Cypriot passport was ranked 9th in the world by the Passport Index rating and allows you to travel to more than 160 countries and territories around the globe VISA free or upon arrival.
Investment in Real Estate.
Individual Investor Programme
- Minimum €320,000 (excl. VAT) or lease property of €16,000 per annum rent.
- Total: €650,000 contribution to Malta Economy
Naturalization Of Parents Of The Investor
- Available with an additional purchase of a single residential property worth at least €500,000.
Benefits Of The Program
Low Government Fees
- Low government fees for the filing of the application.
Applies To All Nationalities
- Any nationality is eligible to apply for the program.
Citizenship For The Whole Family
- The spouse of investor, the parents and children under the age of 18 or financially dependent children up to the age of 28 will also acquire the citizenship.Investor and parents of the investor may collectively purchase and maintain a residence worth at least €1 million net of Tax.
EU Passport Within 1 Year
- An express procedure in obtaining an EU passport with passport issued within 1 year.
Financial Criteria Is An Investment Not A Donation
- Real estate in Malta is stable and growing which gives the ability to gain a profit or redeem most of the investment.
- Any excess amount over the minimum of €650,000 for the private residence, counts towards the investment financial criteria.
Malta Allows Dual Citizenship
- You do not need to renounce or withdraw your existing citizenships.
No Minimum Stay Requirement
- There is no requirement to live or reside in Malta prior or during the application, or even after citizenship has been granted.