If you plan to take a business trip to Greece in less than 90 days, you will need a Greece Business Visa. It is a short-term visa that allows you to stay in the country for 90 days. If staying for more than 90 days is what you have in mind, you will have to apply for a long-term visa. The short-stay visa is also called the Schengen Visa, which is valid in all the European nations which are part of the Schengen agreement.
Greece – the cradle of democracy and western civilization – is one of the world’s sunniest countries. Boasting over 2,000 islands, numerous beaches, rich ancient and modern architecture, and delectable cuisine, Greece is a must-visit country.
What is Greece Business Visa?
Greece Business Visa enables individuals to visit the Hellenic Republic (Greece) so they take part in business activities. These activities include attending meetings and conferences, signing contracts, and more. Commonly known as the Greece Schengen Business Visa, this permit is valid for 90 days in 180 days.
Depending on the application, Greece Business Visa can be issued as a single-entry, double-entry, or even multiple-entry. However, the final decision remains dependent on the consular officer. Being a Schengen country itself, citizens of Schengen countries or other visa-exempt countries do not require a permit for entering Greece.
Documents Required for Greece Business Visa
Here is a list of documents you require to apply for a Greece Business Visa:
A passport plays a very vital role as a document required at the time of international travel. Make sure your passport is original and has a validity of 6 months ahead of the span of your stay.
An old passport is one that has expired or is completely stamped. When it comes to processing a visa, it is required for tracking the applicant’s travel history. It must be original and in good condition.
The photo is provided to the authority as it will help them identify you in the future. You need to submit two copies abiding by general photo guidelines.
Apart from being original, your bank statement must be obtained from the savings bank account. It should be provided with an authentic seal as well as a signature from the bank.
Income Tax Returns
The income tax returns must be specified with an ITR-V for the last three years. Make sure it is provided with a legit documentary proof of the income tax payment.
Invitation Letter from Company
An invitation letter should include the authority signature along with the company name, designation, and stamp. This letter must include the contact details, the travel purpose, sponsorship details, and other crucial documents.
Cover Letter from Company
A cover letter must mention the details of the traveler’s stay in the nation. Also, it must contain the traveler and the company information. Make sure it is issued on the company’s letterhead along with the official seal and signature.
A conference ticket should be submitted to approve the visit purpose of the traveler.
An exhibition pass should be provided to authorize the purpose of the visit.
Eligibility Requirements for Greece Business Visa
To be eligible to apply for Greece Business Visa, you are required to meet the conditions mentioned below:
You should live in your home country while making your application. If you are living on a residence permit in a foreign country, you are likely to apply for it from the respective nation.
- You are required to possess a valid passport
- Your main objective of the visit must be to become involved in business-related activities
- You should be invited by a company in Greece
- You must have no criminal record and be of sound, moral character
- You must meet the minimum health requirements as indicated by the authorities
- You are required to possess enough funds for supporting your stay in the country
- You must have strong ties in your home country ensuring that you will return after your stay
- You ought to apply for the permit only if
- Greece is your entry port,
- Greece is your only destination, or
- Greece is one of your numerous Schengen destinations, in which case you will spend most of the time here.
- The applicant is required to carry out a real estate investment. Here are the three options available:
- Acquire a property at the lowest value of €250,000
- Timeshare agreement, which is signed for a decade (10 years) with the minimum lease value adding up to €250,000
- Investment in a plot of land – the collective value of the land purchase as well as the contract with the construction firm must be no less than €250,000.
Processing Time for Greece Business Visa
The time taken to process the application for Greece Business Visa depends on numerous factors. These include the number of entries, previous travel history, the application volume at the Embassy, and so on. It is usually issued in about 15 working days. There are certain cases when it can take up to 30 days. In extreme cases, it is likely to take up to 60 days. Thus, you are expected to apply for Greece Business Visa ahead of time.