If you are willing to settle in St Lucia, you must know about St Lucia Citizenship by Investment.
Lying in the eastern Caribbean Sea, northwest of Barbados and south of Martinique, St Lucia is a volcanic island, which is typically covered in rainforest. The island of St Lucia is famous for its magical beaches and twin peaks – the Pitons. It is a member of the Commonwealth and CARICOM and has outstanding air links to North America and Europe.
St Lucia has inherited decades of experience from its neighbours in the Caribbean. By hand-picking, only the finest practices, the Citizenship by Investment Board is committed to making the program highly effective for investors while providing unparalleled advantages for the country and its citizens.
About St Lucia Citizenship by Investment
St Lucia offers citizenship by investment to all those individuals who can contribute to the nation in one of the 4 ways
- By donating $100,000 to the government’s National Economic Fund
- By purchasing real estate for $300,000
- By purchasing no less than $250,000 in government bonds
- Investing no less than $1 million in local enterprise
National Economic Fund Contribution
High-net-worth-individuals (HNWIs) possibly will choose to make a financial contribution to the NEF organization via one of the prescribed contribution levels below:
- US$100,000: Single Applicant
- US$140,000: Main Applicant with spouse
- US$150,000: Family with up to 3 dependents (spouse & 2 children)
- US$25,000: Each additional dependent
- US$30,000: Administrative fees
Real Estate Investment
Applicants are likely to purchase property, which is valued at a minimum of $300,000 in a pre-approved real estate development area. The property should be owned as well as maintained for a minimum period of five years. Property registration, processing fees, and taxes ought to be paid other than the purchase of the property.
Government Bond Investment
Upon approval, an applicant and accompanying family may choose to invest in St Lucia government bonds. These bonds should be held for 5 years. The amount of the bond will differ depending on the family size.
- US$500,000: Single Applicant
- US$535,000: Main Applicant and spouse
- US$550,000: Family with up to 3 dependents (spouse & 2 children)
- US$25,000: Each additional dependent
The government bond carries an administration fee of US$50,000 per application
Enterprise Project Investment
Applicants are likely to make a minimum investment of US$3.5 million in an approved enterprise project. They must create no less than three jobs. 2 applicants may share an investment of US$6 million and create 6 jobs to qualify. Approved enterprise projects should fall under one of the categories mentioned below:
- Cruise ports and marinas
- Specialty restaurants
- Agro-processing plants
- Roads and highways
- Research institutions and facilities
- Pharmaceutical products
Arton Capital – approved by the government – is an authorized marketing agent for the promotion of St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program. This firm is responsible for the MENA region nations, and countries like Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Malta, Pakistan, and Turkey.
Why Choose St Lucia?
St Lucia (or Saint Lucia) recognizes dual citizenship. It can prove beneficial for the expansion of business and tax relief. There are several other benefits:
- Quick processing within 3 months
- Addition of dependent children under 25 years of age
- Inclusion of dependent siblings of the main applicant with no children and are under 18 years of age
- Addition of mentally or physically challenged dependent children and/or parents
- Inclusion of dependent parents who are above 65 years of age and are currently living with the applicant
- No requirements for physical residency
- No need for travel to St Lucia during the application process
- No need to have an interview, education, or managerial experience
- Visa-free access to over 100 countries, such as the Schengen Zone, the UK, and Hong Kong
- No tax on global income
Qualifications to Apply for St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program
Established in 2015 under the regulations of the Citizenship by Investment Bill 2015, St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program is the most recent addition to the CIP programs in the Caribbean region.
St Lucia has masterfully positioned its program for the international elite by limiting application numbers and raising the overall requirement for net worth. To qualify for St Lucia citizenship, applicants ought to fulfill one of the investment requirements over and above the following criteria:
- Hold no criminal record
- Must have sound health
- Must be of excellent character
Benefits of St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program
Here is a list of some of the most significant benefits of the St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program:
Relatively Low Investments are Required
The minimum investment to acquire citizenship in St Lucia adds up to $100,000.
Quick Processing Time
It generally takes up to 90 days for immigration authorities for processing the application
No Need to Travel to St Lucia
An authorized agent who is a trusted legal firm will communicate with the immigration authorities on behalf of the investor. That way you can obtain a St Lucia’s second passport right from the comfort of your home.
Several Investment Options
There are four options to invest in St Lucia, which allow you to obtain a St Lucia passport. Three of them allow investors to recover their money after five years
The Government of St Lucia guarantees that no information about the participation of the investor in St Lucia’s economic citizenship program will be disclosed
No English Requirements
You do not need to speak in English or even take a test in local history or culture.
Include Your Family Members
One of the greatest benefits of the St Lucia Citizenship by Investment program is you can include the following family members:
- Children under 21 (including children from previous marriages)
- Unmarried children up to 30 years of age who are financially dependent on the main applicant
- Mentally or physically disabled children of all ages who completely rely on their parents for support
- The minor siblings of the investor if they get written consent from parents or guardians and if they are financially dependent on the main applicant
St Lucia is a great option when it comes to citizenship by investment. It is a highly-reputable option when it comes to acquiring a second passport in the Caribbean region. However, it offers numerous investment routes, which you can consider to obtain its passport.