If you wish to settle in Antigua and Barbuda, Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment is what you should know about.
Antigua and Barbuda – the twin island nations – consist of an independent Commonwealth state in the Eastern Caribbean. After having gained their independence in 1984, Antigua and Barbuda have been known for tropical rainforests, five-star resorts, and reef-lined beaches. The nation has become an independent member of numerous global associations including the WTO, CARICOM, UN, OAS, and IMF.
The English-speaking two-island state of Antigua and Barbuda is the most preferred tourist destination. Dubbed the ‘Land of 365 Beaches’, these tropical islands are among the world’s most stunning places. Tourism is the foremost source of income.
About Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment
The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program provides a second passport to investors. This passport offers visa-free travel to more than 160 countries such as the UK, the EU Schengen zone, Hong Kong, and Switzerland. There are plenty of options for making an investment to obtain citizenship in Antigua.
Established in 2013, the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment program offers fast and simple routes to acquiring second citizenship in only 3-4 months. However, the most competitively priced Caribbean program starts with a minimum investment of $100,000 as a government donation for a family of up to four members.
There are 4 options: real estate purchase, business investments, and contributions to a state or university fund. The members of the family can obtain citizenship with the investor. The program enables the spouse, children, parents, and siblings of the main applicant to participate. The property bought to take part in the citizenship program can be sold 5 years later for returning the money. In addition, the investor can earn rental income during ownership.
Citizenship Requirements for Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship
If you wish to obtain Antigua and Barbuda citizenship, you must meet the requirements mentioned below:
- Must be 18 years old or above
- Must have an excellent character
- Must have a clean criminal record
- Must have outstanding health
- Must be in a position to make a qualifying investment
- Must meet the residence requirement of 5 days in Antigua and Barbuda within 5 calendar years of registering as a citizen
- Must be willing to take the oath of faithfulness in Antigua and Barbuda itself. It could also be in any Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate of Antigua and Barbuda
Some Great Benefits of Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment
Here is a list of some of the most important benefits of obtaining citizenship by investing in Antigua and Barbuda:
Visa-Free Travel to the UK and the Schengen Area
The Antigua and Barbuda passport is equivalent to a Schengen visa, which enables cosmopolitans to enter the Schengen nations and live in the region for up to 90 out of 180 days. Also, the investors can live in the United Kingdom for up to 180 days a year.
10-year US Tourist Visas
The citizen of Antigua and Barbuda can get a 10-year B-1/B-2 tourist visa to the United States. The holder of this visa can spend up to 180 days a year in the country: travel, hold business meetings, attend conferences, and receive medical treatment as well at US clinics.
“Safe Haven” Abroad
Investors, with Antigua and Barbuda passports, can leave their country of residence at any time without having a visa. This might prove to be beneficial in case of an unexpected political or economic crisis, pandemic, or threat to the safety and well-being of the family.
Antigua and Barbuda has no taxes on personal income, capital gains, or inheritance. There is no need for tax residents to pay taxes on interest, loyalties, or dividends.
No Resident Requirements
No physical residency is required to obtain your second citizenship and your passport can be sent out to a location outside of Antigua. Five days residency requirement should be met by adult applicants within five years of registration. However, there is a waiver until August 2022 for citizens having passports nearing or past the period of expiry.
How to Qualify for Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment?
The following are some crucial tips one needs to consider when it comes to qualifying for Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment:
- The main applicant for Antigua and Barbuda citizenship is required to be at least 18 years of age
- Should be able to prove the fund source for the investment
- Applicants must have a clean criminal record
- Dependent children must be under the age of 30 years
- Dependent parents/grandparents must be above the age of 55 years
- Dependent siblings must be unmarried
- Must be willing to undergo due diligence checks for gaining approval
150 Visa-Free Countries for the Citizens of Grenada
- Hong Kong
- Sri Lanka
- +16 countries
- South Africa
- +24 countries
- +43 countries
- French Polynesia
- New Caledonia
- +7 countries
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- +23 countries
- +8 countries
Investment Options for Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship
Antigua and Barbuda offers four great options for investment. It is the only country in the Caribbean that provides an option exclusively designed for large families.
National Development Fund or Charitable Donation
High-net-worth individuals (HNWIs) may probably choose to make a financial contribution of $100,000. Or, they can donate $125,000 to the National Development Fund or an approved charity. The main applicant may possibly consist of a spouse and all (qualified) dependents.
Real Estate Investment
Applicants may buy property, which is valued at a minimum amount of $400,000 in a pre-approved real estate development area. The investment is required to be maintained for a minimum of 5 years.
Applicants may choose to make an investment of$1.5 million for establishing a business. Two or more applicants could make a joint business investment with an individual threshold of no less than $400,000 and a total investment amounting to $5 million.
University of West Indies Fund
For applicants with families of no less than 6 people, this is a great investment option. It allows you to make a donation of $150,000 or more to the University of West Indies Fund. One family member is entitled to a one-year scholarship at the University of West Indies.
Investment Requirements for Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship
Below mentioned is the list of requirements for the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program:
- The main applicant is required to be 18 years old or above
- The main applicant and dependents do not suffer from communicable diseases and/or severe health problems
- The main applicant must not have been convicted in any country of an offense, with a custodial penalty of more than 6 months imprisonment unless they have received a free pardon
- The main applicant must not be subject to a criminal investigation
- The main applicant must not be considered a risk to potential national security
- The main applicant must not be involved in any activity, likely to cause disrepute to Antigua and Barbuda
- The main applicant must not have been denied a visa to a nation with which Antigua and Barbuda has visa-free access
- After acquiring citizenship, the new citizen is required to spend 5 days in Antigua and Barbuda during the first 5-year period for citizenship maintenance
- Citizens of the restricted nations mentioned below may apply to the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program. This is when they migrated before the majority age and/or have maintained
- North Korea
Documents Required for Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment
Here is a list of requirements you need to apply for the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment program:
- ID Card Certified Copy
- Passport Certified Copy
- Medical Certificate
- Include an Original or a Certified Copy of your Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Include an Original or a Certified Copy of your Birth Certificate (if applicable)
- Original Police Clearance Certificate
- Original Bank Reference Letter (must not be older than 6 months)
- 6 Passport-Size Photos
- Photograph and Signature Certificate
- Evidence for payment of processing and due diligence fees (nonrefundable)
- Real estate sales and purchase agreement
An exemplary tropical hideaway, Antigua and Barbuda incorporate 365 pink and white sand beaches – one for each day of the year. Saint John’s – its capital and largest city – has a laid-back vibe with all the necessary amenities such as financial institutions, services, education, and more.