Hongkong QMAS Program
Hong Kong is one of the world’s most corruption-free economies. This is owing to Hong Kong’s robust public administration and Hong Kong’s Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC).
One of the freest economies in the world – Hong Kong embraces globalization of trade and services and is an active participant in global organizations, promoting such activities.
Salaries in Hong Kong in the majority of sectors are likely to be higher compared to jobs in Australia, Singapore, or the UK. Not only is Hong Kong dynamic, but it is also a cosmopolitan town. Considered a shopper’s paradise loaded with ample restaurants and amazing nightlife, Hong Kong boasts of its eastern and western culture with art centres, museums, and libraries.
- Logistics and trade-supporting services, including product testing and inspection, Arbitration and mediation, Trade finance documentation, and Insurance
- The CCI (short for Cultural and Creative Industries) is among Hong Kong’s most dynamic sectors, which contributes to economic development and the creation of jobs.
- Four main industries in Hong Kong, such as trading and logistics, financial services, tourism, and professional and producer services have been the push for the economic growth of Hong Kong.
- The service-oriented economy of Hong Kong, one of the leading global financial centres in the world, is described by low taxation, near-free port trade, and a well-established global financial market.
- With a free market economy, Hong Kong remains highly dependent on global trade and finance – the value of goods and services trade, such as the substantial share of re-exports, is about four times GDP.
- Hong Kong imposes excise duty on only four commodities, including tobacco, hard alcohol, methyl alcohol, and hydrocarbon oil.
Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)
- Entrant quota-based scheme to persuade highly skilled and competent individuals
- Meet a set of prerequisites
- Pass points test (it could be general or achievement)
- Applications with high scores are chosen in a selection exercise for further evaluation by the Hong Kong Department of Immigration within a quarterly quota
- Approval-in-Principal Letter issued for the interview in Hong Kong
- Attend the interview for verifying the original documents
- Entry Visa/Work Permit granted for a year
- Apply for a stay extension within four weeks before the entry visa/work permit expires if plan to continue residence in Hong Kong
- Upon completing a consistent period of ordinary residence in Hong Kong for not under seven years, the admitted individual and/or his/her dependants under the General Points Test or the Achievement-based Points Test of the Scheme is likely to apply for the right of abode in Hong Kong compliant with the laws.
- No application fee is charged upon submitting the application.
Individuals who desire to come to Hong Kong under the Quality Migrant Admission have got to satisfy the below-mentioned prerequisites:
- Points-Based Test:The current minimum passing mark is 80
- Age:Must be over 18 years
- Financial requirement:Capable of supporting and accommodating he/she and his/her dependants, on his/her own financial resources without having to rely on public assistance during the Hong Kong stay.
- Good character:Must not be involved in any criminal activity or have an adverse immigration record in Hong Kong or somewhere else.
- Language proficiency:The overall score in IELTS must be 6.5. Or, the individual should be proficient in written and spoken English or Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese).
- Qualification:The individual looking to move to Singapore must have a first degree from a recognized university or a tertiary educational institution.
- National:This scheme is not applicable to nationals of countries, including Afghanistan, Cambodia, Cuba, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Laos, Nepal, and Vietnam.
- Eligibility for further Extension:He/she has settled in Hong Kong and has made contributions to Hong Kong, such as engaging in graduate, specialist, or senior-level gainful employment or establishing a business of considerable size in Hong Kong.
Points Based Test
Aside from meeting all prerequisites, it is mandatory for applicants to pass any of the points-based tests: General Points Based Test or Achievement Points Based Test
- General Points Based Test is based on the below-mentioned factors, including:
- Academic Qualifications
- Language Proficiency
- Work Experience
- Family Background
- The minimum passing marks required are 80 points out of 165
- Achievement Based Points Test
- For those with Exceptional Talent
- For those with Outstanding Skills
- For those who have secured state/national/international awards
- For those who have made a substantial contribution to their field
- Points awarded 165 or 0
Documents Required for Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
- An application form ID (E) 981 with the signatures of an applicant in English or Chinese language
- A photocopy of your passport’s personal selected page
- A photocopy of the identity card of the People’s Republic of China (if any)
- Completely filled visa application form with other supporting documents as well
- A photocopy of proof that you are proficient in English or Chinese
- A photocopy of personal annual income, including bank statements or statements showing the existing market value of your investment
- A photocopy of academic qualifications, such as graduation certificates or academic records from the educational institution (and the technical qualifications)
- The proof of your work experiences, including your employment letter or contract, should be carried with a photocopy.
How to Apply for Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for Hong Kong QMAS Visa in India. They are as follows:
Submit Your Documents
You are required to submit your documents for ECA (short for educational credential assessment). This is carried out to check whether your academic credentials meet Hong Kong’s education standards.
Fill Out Your Application
Next, you need to prepare an application form. Make sure this form is attested with supporting documents.
Submit Your Application
This application is pushed into a pool of applications. In this pool, each application that is submitted from global nationals is stored.
Immigration authorities in Hong Kong will conduct a selection exercise for the allocation of quotas. This is usually a draw that is conducted for selecting the applications with the highest ranking of the period.
Upon the selection of your visa application, you will receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply). This is known as Approval-in-principle - an indication that you meet all the requirements before applying for Hong Kong PR, and the authorities invite you for an interview.
Attend the Interview
You have got to attend the interview with immigration authorities in Hong Kong.
Payment of Fee
If you qualify to attend the interview, you will have to make the visa fee payment and complete the remaining formalities.
The taxes in Hong Kong are among the world's lowest. And the tax system is simple. Working in Hong Kong will benefit you every step of the way. It is going to add great value to your resume (or CV) as you would have interacted with India, China, Asia Pacific, and the Gulf in some way or the other.