IMMIGRATION TO CANADA
EXPRESS ENTRY SCHEME
Established in year 2015, Express Entry System has made Canada immigration process seamless, transparent and hassle free. Managed by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), express entry system is well regulated by Canadian immigration authorities and the application process is online.
It is a system to give Permanent Residency permit to immigrants and witnessing the spurt in demand of skilled professional in Canadian job market and economy has ensured that express entry system attracts more skilled professional from all across the world.
Express Entry Scheme has three categories:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP): It covers skilled professionals and experienced workers who can be immersed in the Canadian job market.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): Any individual who has been employed in Canada for a period of minimum one year is eligible to apply under this category. This category is a window provided by Canadian authorities to retain talented professional in Canada by giving them an opportunity to get permanent residency permit.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): This category covers the white collar jobs in Canada businesses and industry. Most of the businesses face an acute shortage of skilled labour force to fill the requirement of industry. Thus, experienced and skilled workers can apply under this category.
Beside that if you receive a job offer from a Canadian province you can apply under Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Your express entry online profile can be shared as it is with the particular province. In case of receiving an offer under PNP, the same should be updated in your express entry profile.
- The process requires you to create a profile under Express Entry Scheme and provide details about your education, professional life, language capability (English or French), medical certificate and financial status.
- You must hold a valid passport.
- You would be required to produce a police clearance certificate.
- Your education details would be assessed as per Canadian education system.
- You will be required to submit a valid English or French language proficiency test score.
- Based on your profile details a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score is calculated and during a draw held every month cut off score is announced.
- If you successfully make the cut, you receive an Invite To Apply (ITA) after which you have to complete rest of the details in your online profile.
- Within 60 days of receiving an invite a candidate has to complete the online profile. If one fails to do so then they are required to reapply and start afresh.
- Until the Canadian immigration authorities make the final decision, an applicant is required to update any new information about their credentials and job profile.
- If you learn a new language either English or French, or you improve your existing Language proficiency test then the same must be updated.
- An applicant can search jobs using the Job Bank provided by Canadian immigration website; if you receive a job offer from a Canadian employer then you are eligible for Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
- Applicants are expected to exercise caution as any misinformation or fake information provided on the candidate application can result in rejection or application as well as getting barred from applying for Canada immigration for next 5 years.
- You are expected to show sufficient funds in your bank account to prove that you can afford to stay in Canada if you do not have a job offer already.