Study in Australia
This visa is designed for international students applying to study in Australia and whose main course of study is one of the following:
- Bachelor degree
- Associate degreea
- Graduate certificate
- Graduate diploma
- Masters by coursework
- Higher Education diploma
- Higher Education advanced diploma.
AS A VISA APPLICANT, you must fulfill the following requirements:-
Applications are by invitation only. To be invited to apply, a person must:
- Before a student can apply for a student visa, a valid offer letter from a CRICOS registered Australian institute is required.
- An IELTS score is a mandatory requirement and evidence of this must be included at the time of application for the student visa. The TOEFL exam is not accepted
- Student visas are granted when a student can prove that they have adequate funds to support themselves in Australia, pay for their tuition and care for dependant family members included on the visa.
- As a student in Australia , you will only have a limited working allowance on your visa. Therefore adequate funding to pay for living expenses and tuition are important and must be evidenced to gain the visa. If you take time off from study to work, you will fall below full-time study levels, exceed your work allowance on the visa, or will fail academically. Any of these things can lead to visa cancellation.
- The student needs to submit their past academic records for verification as well as a statement of purpose for undertaking the desired course.
- Because Medicare, the Australian national health system, is not available to overseas students, you must maintain your Overseas Student Health (OSHC) cover while in Australia.
- You must leave Australia before your visa expires.
- Other requirements are that you be a genuine student, have good
health and be of good character-without a criminal record. IN ORDER TO GET A STUDENT VISA, you must satisfy the norms of the Visa requirements and Your student visa will list the conditions that apply specifically to you. It is important to comply with your visa conditions to avoid visa cancellation.
IF YOU ARE INVITED to apply for this visa, you will then have 60 days in which to lodge your online application. Your invitation letter will explain the lodgment process you should follow. You can be in or outside Australia when you lodge your application. Invitations are based on claims made in your Expression of Interest at the time you are invited to apply. Your application must reflect the information provided in your Expression of Interest, and be supported by relevant evidence.
If after receiving two invitations to apply for a visa you do not make a visa application then your Expression of Interest will be removed from SkillSelect.
YOU CAN INCLUDE the following family members in your visa application:
- your partner
- your or your partner's dependent child
- your or your partner's dependent relative.