Tourist Visa is issued to a foreigner whose sole objective of visiting India is tourism, recreation, sight-seeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives etc.
Tourist visa is normally issued for a period of 1-6 six months with Single Entry or maximum double entry decided by the High Commission/Consulate General of India on case to case basis. However, if a tourist visa is issued with double entry.
The condition of minimum two months' gap between the two visits of a foreign national to India on a tourist visa has been waived off by the Government of India w.e.f. 21st November, 2012 except in case of few nationals.
Tourist visa is neither extendable nor convertible into any other visa except in emergent cases such as acute illness or similar exigencies.
Foreigners (Other than South African nationals)
To apply for visa to India, foreigners must be in a possession of a valid visa for South Africa.
Foreigners with permanent residence in South Africa can apply for visa to India in South Africa. Besides, foreigners who have had minimum two years of residence and their spouses and children can also apply visa to India in South Africa except nationals of few countries.
All foreigners who are on visitor visa in South Africa are advised to apply for visa to India in the country of their origin or normal residence.
All foreigners with dual nationalities must apply on the passport of their country of birth.
All foreigners need to attach with their visa applications, proof of their permanent residence, work permit, residence permit in South Africa.
All foreigners without permanent residence in South Africa are required to fill Additional Form apart from online visa application. The Additional Form must be filled neatly in capital letters.
1. Online filled Visa application form.
2. A copy of the South African identity card
3. 2 passports sized colored photographs as per specification.
4. Return air-ticket with detailed itinerary.
5. Proof of accommodation in India. (Hotel voucher or signed copy of invitation letter with complete address of relative/friend along with his ID in the form of copy of passport/voter's card/driving license/utility bill/ration card/3 years personal IT papers/School ID Card or fee payments etc. in case the applicant is invited by his/her relative/friend or copy of foreigners' registration in case your relative/friend is a foreigner currently living in India). (May please check if the amendment done in italics is correct as desired by DHC)
6. In addition to the application forms, all foreign nationals are required to fill in additional referral forms
7. A copy of the Lesotho identity card in case of Lesotho nationals.
8. Copy of Permanent Residence or work permit in case of foreign Nationals
9. In case of foreign nationals
10. Proof of residence in South Africa, such as utility bill for South Africans & Foreign nationals.
11. Proof of EFT receipt needs to submit along with the application.
12. Original passport as well as the copies of the passport and every document should be self attested along with the original passport.
13. The proof of the payment should be included and please mentione the passport number as a reference to the payment.
14. Online visa application form "The applicants who are from Joburg Should mention indian mission in the form as pretoria.
15 .Their should be two signatures on the form One is on first page below photograph and second is on next page below declaration.
Note: All supportive documents and passport copies needs to be self attested.
In addition to the visa fee, below mentioned charges will be charged (per application):
BLS Service Charge- ZAR 48
Optional Service Charge
a) Delivery charge – ZAR 140/- (Metro delivery – Only Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban and Pretoria)
ZAR 170/- (Regional delivery – All Other area covered under Metro delivery)
b) SMS charge – ZAR 11/- (3 messages)
Up to 6 months (Visa fee +ICWF charge+ Reference fee)
Up to one year (Visa fee +ICWF charge+ Reference fee)
More than one year up to five year (Visa fee +ICWF charge+ Reference fee)
Special Visa fee would apply to Passport holders of following Countries
1. Passport holders of following Countries would be eligible to receive "gratis" visas of all types:
Democratic People's of Korea
1. Nepal & Bhutan Nationals of Nepal & Bhutan do not require visa to enter India. However, Nepali nationals require visa if they enter India from South Africa, which is granted "gratis".
2. Russian Russian nationals have to pay only Service charge of R 480/ and no visa fee is charged. (An additional ICWF fee of R 25/- shall be charged)
3. Romanian Romanian nationals have to pay only Service charge of R350/ and no visa fee is charged. (An additional ICWF fee of R 25/- shall be charged)
4. Pakistan - Visa fee of Rand 5/- for all types of visa will be charged.(An additional ICWF fee of R 25/- shall be charged)
5. Japan - Transit visa- R15/ (An additional ICWF fee of R 25/- shall be charged) All other types of visa R100/ (An additional ICWF fee of R 25/- shall be charged)
In respect of other nationalities, following fee would be applicable. Special visa fee applies to nationals of Sri Lanka which is shown separately below.
Visa Fee for Sri Lankan Nationals
Type of Visa
Period of validity/No. of entries
Fees In Rand (Visa fee +ICWF charge+ Reference fee)